News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Willow Springs Race Track Formally Listed For Sale

Started by JWH, June 05, 2024, 05:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWH

Our daughter-in-law works for the group that has the listing on the track and let me know that it is formally for sale.

https://willowsprings.teamscarborough.com

There are a ton of stories and history involving Shelby's cars racing at Willow Springs. So much so that the first picture you see when you click on the link is of a '66 GT350 running on the track.
Jeff

98SVT - was 06GT

How much? The last 5-6 years it's been we'll take 6.5 million for the place.
The downside is whoever buys it will want to turn it into a cash machine to replenish their purchase price. I imagine the current COCOA $200/250 for the whole weekend will double.
It's also cheap enough that a few buddies may buy it and padlock it to the public adding some condos and landscaping for their own amusement.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Coralsnake

Dealing with the State and the neighbors are the biggest issues
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 07, 2024, 10:19:31 AMDealing with the State and the neighbors are the biggest issues
I can only imagine the grinder the new owners will be put through.  Most race tracks are under some sort of threat from the general public.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

FL SAAC

This is news to me.....unbelievable all that racing history ..... gone in 60 seconds  !
Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"
I have all UNGOLD cars
I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bigfoot

For the kind of car that could run around two minutes on the full track at Watkins Glen, what would be a comparable time at Willow Springs?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI