News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Iconic Willow Springs International Raceway Is For Sale

Started by FL SAAC, June 07, 2024, 07:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Speaking of literally biting the dust.....

Iconic Willow Springs International Raceway Is For Sale | The Drive
https://www.thedrive.com/news/iconic-willow-springs-international-raceway-is-for-sale
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

I can visualize a group of environmentalists pooling their resources to buy the track and permanently close it or tear it down because racing emits "harmful greenhouse gases."
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on June 07, 2024, 10:16:16 AMI can visualize a group of environmentalists pooling their resources to buy the track and permanently close it or tear it down because racing emits "harmful greenhouse gases."

And another one bites the dust !

Sung to Queens harmonic beat ....
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

deathsled

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 07, 2024, 04:04:02 PM
Quote from: deathsled on June 07, 2024, 10:16:16 AMI can visualize a group of environmentalists pooling their resources to buy the track and permanently close it or tear it down because racing emits "harmful greenhouse gases."

And another one bites the dust !

Sung to Queens harmonic beat ....
Of course.  And I don't want to hear any complaints when full bore racecars become street driven because all of the tracks have been banished and wiped out.  Make it make sense someone.

98SVT - was 06GT

It's quietly been for sale for the last several years. The ask was 6.5 million. Probably more now that a broker is involved. Whoever buys it will certainly raise prices to get their investment back. No more 2 day COCOA track days for $200 or 250. That will probably double. The worst that could happen is a group of rich buddies get together and padlock the place as their private playground.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Or

Looking into the future through the crystal ball

" Live where the Racing Legends Raced, historical Willow Springs this could be your new home! "
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

QuickSilverShelby

$6.5mm seems like a steal.  I wonder if the wife would like to relocate to California?

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

deathsled

Looks like Emilia Hartford is looking to buy the track. She is quite an automotive influencer. I wish her luck.

98SVT - was 06GT

Blue sky - upgrade, more events, improvements all costly paths that have been looked at in the past. The track is open every day. Cost is $150 a day per car/driver. There are usually 5-10 cars and you can rent the whole place for not a lot of $. It's too far from the population center and not set up to host big sanctioned races (even though it's where NASCAR debuted in SoCal). The only way I see it surviving is as a Track/Condo place with weekend rentals to the likes of COCOA, Porsche and Ferrari Clubs. SCCA has Buttonwillow also miles from nowhere and hasn't used Willow Springs in years. There is a residential airport just down the street so the county would probably be open to a residential race track.
Pahrump NV Track/Condo place wants to add more track and make it the Nuremburg of America. Thermal by Palm Springs is Track/Condo that it's too hot to race at 6-8 months a year. The future of small tracks is the Country Club business model. Pay to join, pay to play, pay to eat/drink x amount per month wither you use it or not.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 08, 2024, 07:40:21 AMOr

Looking into the future through the crystal ball

" Live where the Racing Legends Raced, historical Willow Springs this could be your new home! "

I qouted this guy here because he is a true visionary

A Track/Condo set up. The future of small tracks is the Country Club business model. Pay to join, pay to play, pay to eat/drink x amount per month wither you use it or not. Just imagine how kool you and your friends can be...
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Have a group of friends interested in this property, but they say they are just "fishing" and the assessment of $2.2 million is a joke.

You have to envision the future potential of this site not as is, but what it could be and who can it attract once redeveloped

"The listing advertises everything Willow Springs will offer a new owner.

However, it didn't list a price, instead inviting the interested to submit an offering memorandum, which would be a first step to being considered a viable buyer.

An assessment on the site from June 4, 2024, values the complex at $2,253,440
."
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars