News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

What AC refrigerant use for ‘69

Started by 1969shelbygt350, June 11, 2024, 07:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969shelbygt350

What would you recommend AC refrigerant for 69 GT

Thx

FL SAAC

Many people have retrofitted their systems to use the 134 refrigerant

R12 you are truly missed...
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

Home of the Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~

I have all UNGOLD cars

Bob Gaines

R12 gives the coldest temp. R12 is still out there.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

FL SAAC

Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 11, 2024, 10:08:42 PMR12 gives the coldest temp. R12 is still out there.

Would you happen to know the cost?

I have all UNGOLD cars

KR500

Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

Bob Gaines

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 12, 2024, 08:20:57 AM
Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 11, 2024, 10:08:42 PMR12 gives the coldest temp. R12 is still out there.

Would you happen to know the cost?
The price is all over the board. A quick search of my local facebook marketplace for example found the the small refrigerant cans for 25.00,35.00,50.00 each on up. Larger amounts for multiple jobs (as in shop use) can be had for less comparatively speaking if one is prepared for a higher initial investment.  It is still out there.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby