News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Dear Bronco Owners this maybe worse than O. J.

Started by FL SAAC, June 13, 2024, 06:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Not a great loss. I think the new Bronco looks more like an old International Harvester Scout than an early Bronco.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

O.J. was quoted saying that :

1 - Al Cowlings is a uber driver ? that's . 
  my Al ? A.C ? driving uber naaaaaaaa

2 - I coulda made it to MEJICO with this
     one

3 - I hear this one gets "killer gas
  mileage"

4 - I want a white one with a "red
   interior"

5 - not slowing down or not running out of
  gas with this one

6 - wonder how many bodies fit in here

7 - never ever buying a white vehicle,
   never again
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

67 GT350

Anything against a cement mixer might be a total loss, I would have liked to see the video and a view from farther away, as more that 3/4 is not even there? Where did it all go?
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 14, 2024, 10:32:21 AMAnything against a cement mixer might be a total loss, I would have liked to see the video and a view from farther away, as more that 3/4 is not even there? Where did it all go?

Great point "Anything against a cement mixer might be a total loss" having seen the video, I can assure you many of the vehicles fared much better

That is a great inquiry "where did it all go" and it has been submitted to the famous or infamous Siegfried and Roy who are famous for making things disappear....

Hope they answer quickly
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

TOBKOB

Don't hold your breath waiting on an answer from 2 dead men... ;)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

tesgt350

FAKE.  Truck is in B&W plus Not a single scratch on the Fiberglass Front End of that Truck.

Krelboyne

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on June 13, 2024, 08:20:17 PMNot a great loss. I think the new Bronco looks more like an old International Harvester Scout than an early Bronco.

Totally agree, resembles a IH Scout 80, more than the Bronco I.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

67 GT350

Doncha just love how they chose a gas station to do the test at? Still think it is real? Anyone want to buy a bridge?
RARE  Signature Delete

FL SAAC

kinda reminds me of a little car that had really explosive sales when it was introduced into the marketplace ....
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

67 GT350

Wasn't it more about Ford covering it up and really not that much per the amount on the road? If you ever looked in a trunk of a 65 Mustang, that protection is not much to brag about?
RARE  Signature Delete

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 15, 2024, 11:50:19 AMkinda reminds me of a little car that had really explosive sales when it was introduced into the marketplace ....
They require special attention when doing flames
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

rhjanes

Quote from: 67 GT350 on June 15, 2024, 08:43:52 PMWasn't it more about Ford covering it up and really not that much per the amount on the road? If you ever looked in a trunk of a 65 Mustang, that protection is not much to brag about?

Yep.   The axle had to be pretty hot, the impact enough to rupture the tank and shove it into the axle, which was hot and the metal sparking due to the impact.  I think the sparks were pretty much always going to happen.

On the OP, not many vehicles can be parked up next to a concrete wall, then run into with thousands of pounds, and not crumple.  But the last 20 or 40 years of crash testing has fostered massive safety improvements in vehicle designs. 

I remember Nader's "Unsafe at Any Speed".  Published in 1965 and going after the GM Corvair.   GM had just about copied the swing axles of......Volkswagon's VW "Bug", the darling of the 1960's counter culture.  GM used the swing axles from introduction in 1960 through the 1964 model year.  By 1965, the year of the Mustang AND the new designed Corvair, GM eliminated the swing axle design.   Everyone remembers the book published in 1965 and not that big bad American Company had already fixed the problem.

I went to college with a guy whose dad loved Corvair's.   My buddy drove a 1965 Corvair Corsa, the sport model.  Flat 6, 4 single barrel carbs, close ratio 4-speed.  Fun car!  His family owned EIGHT Corvairs.  My friend said the funniest things was watching his dad go to work everyday.  His dad would sit at the breakfast table, reach up and behind him to the key rack, with keys to 8 Corvair's.   He'd grab one, look at it, then lay out the keys for the cars he'd have to move to get that randomly selected car out of their garage and driveway.  His dad had a rare 1969 (last year of production) model.  GM wanted it back.  His dad showed me the letter.  It came close to saying "We want it...name your price".

His dad wouldn't drive or own a 1960 thru 1964 Corvair because he agreed, the Swing Axle cars were unsafe. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

FL SAAC

Loved those corvairs buddy had a monza coupe with factory hipo engine

Wasn't enough so he put in a front mounted 327 with a muncie 4 speed a a 10 bolt out of a camaro

That car boogied down the road  !
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

rhjanes

His dad kept a spare base engine already rebuilt.  His dad could swap engines in a morning.  The local Corvair guys would come over for advice and get his dad involved in their projects.   I don't remember if there was a spare transmission or two sitting around for immediate installation.  Their one car that wasn't a Corvair was the mom's station wagon.  The one with the 327.......
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork