News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Future Collectible GT350 2011 2012 2013 2014

Started by FL SAAC, June 26, 2024, 12:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

We brought back the GT350 45 years after it was launched, said Carroll Shelby.

They look and sound just like the ones we built in 1965. We're repeating history by offering two additional colors for the second year of production.

Shelby GT350 is a post-title program based on the Mustang GT and its 412-horsepower 5.0-liter engine.

Buyers purchase the Mustang from their favorite Ford dealer, basing the order on Shelby American's specifications, then it's drop-shopped (Ford order code 99wkh7) to the Shelby headquarters in Las Vegas for the upfit to a GT350.

Buyers can choose 430 hp normally-aspirated, 525 hp supercharged, or a specially-tuned supercharged version for 624 hp, which voids the drivetrain warranty. Supercharged cars come with the sixspeed manual only while naturally-aspirated GT350s are available with either the manual or the six-speed automatic.

The car goes into Shelby American as a Mustang GT and comes out the other side as a GT350 with a unique front fascia and hood, performance suspension, Baer front brakes, center-exit Borla exhaust, 19-inch Cragar wheels with Goodyear performance tires, and plenty of Shelby GT350 logos and badging.

When it comes to performance of the current generation GT350, our team did a great job right out of the gate, quipped Gary Patterson, vice president of operations at Shelby American.

The GT350 leaves its mark on the street that says a Shelby was here.

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Don Johnston

Still enjoying my 2011 GT350 (624hp) no.148. 8)

FL SAAC

Quote from: Don Johnston on June 26, 2024, 01:58:04 PMStill enjoying my 2011 GT350 (624hp) no.148. 8)

Señor Don you have a "holy grail" car there amigo!

I think they are quicker that the 13/14 GT500s with the 662 HP in everything they do.

Enjoy that bad boy and post some picture's
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

Don Johnston

T
Quote from: FL SAAC on June 26, 2024, 03:58:58 PM
Quote from: Don Johnston on June 26, 2024, 01:58:04 PMStill enjoying my 2011 GT350 (624hp) no.148. 8)

I think they are quicker that the 13/14 GT500s with the 662 HP in everything they do.

True.  Lot of fun and feel more balanced with the 5.0L than the 5.8L of th GT500. The 66 and 11 GT350s sit together and make the garage look faster with all the stripes.  I never have tried posting pics but make take on the challenge.

FL SAAC

Quote from: Don Johnston on June 26, 2024, 05:41:11 PMT
Quote from: FL SAAC on June 26, 2024, 03:58:58 PM

True.  Lot of fun and feel more balanced with the 5.0L than the 5.8L of th GT500. The 66 and 11 GT350s sit together and make the garage look faster with all the stripes.  I never have tried posting pics but make take on the challenge.

Aloha Don

Your posting so you are half way there.

You hit REPLY to start your post

Once you are on your REPLY

You should see an option ( I circled in RED )

CLICK OR DRAG FILES HERE TO ATTACH

When you do that it will take you to your PICTURES or DOWNLOADS or FILES etc

Where do you have your pictures ?

Go there and choose your picture or pictures

This will highlight it

Then click to download unto the SAAC post

Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Like this it should appear on your post

Then hit post

Good luck
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars