News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Does the Boss 302 trump the Dodge Challenger?

Started by deathsled, July 14, 2024, 10:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

I've driven both and would have to say that the Boss 302 would be triumphant in any race against the Challenger.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Coralsnake

You're comparing a Ford specialty model to a vanilla Challenger?

What about a Hellcat or a Demon?

Those would seem more comparable?
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

In a drag race (against a Hellcat) no.

On a road course, yes.

FL SAAC

Quote from: deathsled on July 14, 2024, 10:45:26 AM

I've driven both and would have to say that the Boss 302 would be triumphant in any race against the Challenger.

100% agree with you

Those things suck, all of them

And please remember when comparing anything

Compare Apples to Apples

And Oranges to Oranges

Slap a suoercharger to that BOSS, a few suspension upgrades and a nice set of gears

It's just a wonderful thing how these coyotes respond with a little bit of tweaking

Oh by the way in the end you still have a limited production vehicle

Make mine a BOSS HOSS  !
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

crossboss

After watching your other video, its a 6 cylinder rental. Bad comparison my friend. How about 'comparing' a 6 cylinder Mustang to a V-8 Challenger?
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

FL SAAC

Aloha Richard E,

Yep I know the kind,  we call them "WANABEEs" they think they know something but truly know nothing.

What would you expect from third tier car owners ?

They don't even know that the last year for the V6 in a mustang was 2018

That's SIX years ago...SIX years

The new 2024 Ford Mustang has three engine options:

None are V6s...none

You have the Turbocharged 2.3-liter four-cylinder EcoBoost

This is the base engine 4 cylinder, with 315 horsepower and 350 pound-feet of torque, and a 10-speed automatic transmission

Followed by the 5.0-liter V8 GT

With 480 horsepower and 410 pound-feet of torque, and available with a six-speed manual

The 5.0-liter V8 Dark Horse option

With 500 horsepower and 415 pound-feet of torque, and exclusive to the Dark Horse mode

No V6 in the last SIX years

Capiche !

LMAOOOOO V6...

Remember the BOSS will always be "The BOSS" has a name, reputation and a very strong following
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

deathsled

Well, my commentary was more of a double entendre to provoke some conversation which it did.  That said, I have common sense and reason and know full well that a Hellcat and/ or a Demon would take a Boss 302 Laguna in a straight line.  As 2112 said, it could be a different story on a road course.  I actually always liked the Dodge Challenger both old and new.  The body style is beautiful at every angle.  I would consider a 392 Scat Pack but the way Stellantis is dismantling Dodge, the reserve of parts in the future might become a major ordeal.  I've seen videos of a 392 running neck to neck with a Boss 302.  The Dodge Challenger with the right engine is a potent car.  But I have my own favorite and that is the Mustang in its great iterations.  Have a good day and good evening, gentlemen.

98SVT - was 06GT

Ford V Fiat - no comparison.....  Henry's been slapping the Italians since 1966.

Fiat acquired a 50% stake in Ferrari in 1969, and increased its ownership to 90% by 1988. Enzo Ferrari held the remaining 10% until his death in 1988.
In 2014, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. announced that it would separate Ferrari S.p.A. from the company. In 2016, Ferrari became an independent, public company after FCA sold 10% of its Ferrari share in an IPO, and distributed the remaining 80% to FCA shareholders. Piero Ferrari, Enzo Ferrari's son, also retained 10% of the company. As of February 2023, Exor N.V., a Dutch holding company controlled by the Agnelli family, is Ferrari's largest shareholder with 24.4%.

Fiat had to sell Ferrari to get the rest of the cash they needed to buy the last of Chrysler from the UAW health trust fund - Chrysler has been a drag on their bottom line. They split it into 3 companies Chrysler-cars Ram-trucks Jeep-well, Jeeps. They've tried to sell Chrysler and keep Ram & Jeep with with no takers.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

tesgt350

Quote from: Coralsnake on July 14, 2024, 12:40:21 PMYou're comparing a Ford specialty model to a vanilla Challenger?

What about a Hellcat or a Demon?

Those would seem more comparable?

Since there were two different Hemi's, I would say the BOSS 302 -V- SRT 392.  The GT 500 -V- Hellcat / Demon.

FL SAAC

this is my little buddies "work in progress" a street mustang gt with all its amenities in place

will attempt to get another friends GT500 info

bring in the mow-pars
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

deathsled

It is a close shave between the Boss 302 and a Challenger 392. Both are great cars!

crossboss

Quote from: deathsled on July 15, 2024, 03:18:37 PM
It is a close shave between the Boss 302 and a Challenger 392. Both are great cars!

Absolutely agree!
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

shelbydoug

Of course, this is all about today. No one can predict what any of the current crop of cars will be in 20 years.

Personally I've already learned that essentially these vehicles are supercharged computers on wheels.

From experience, there is no way today that any manufacturer has found a desire or a method of providing necessary everyday operating necessities on existing 20 year old cars now.

If the chip dies, unless you can build your own, the thing is dead.

I personally will stay with my '60s Shelby vehicles and will admit to you that yes, once in a while, I need to redo the points in the distributor.

Which motor vehicle version of Windows do they run on? 10? 11? What do you do when their CPU's are no longer supported?

You boys and girls can bicker on whatever you would like. I suppose that is what grudge match racing is all about but personally I'm going to stay away from any one of these things. It's bad enough that I have a bunch of dead computers now taking up valuable space.

I certainly do not have the room to store broken supercharged computers. They don't even make good planters and even the mice don't like to chew up the wiring.

Which motorized version of Windows do they run on? !0? 11? What do you do when those versions are no longer supported in the future?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbydoug on July 16, 2024, 08:07:51 AMOf course, this is all about today. No one can predict what any of the current crop of cars will be in 20 years.

Personally I've already learned that essentially these vehicles are supercharged computers on wheels.

From experience, there is no way today that any manufacturer has found a desire or a method of providing necessary everyday operating necessities on existing 20 year old cars now.

I personally will stay with my '60s Shelby vehicles and will admit to you that yes, once in a while, I need to redo the points in the distributor.

Which motor vehicle version of Windows do they run on? 10? 11? What do you do when their CPU's are no longer supported?

You boys and girls can bicker on whatever you would like. I suppose that is what grudge match racing is all about but personally I'm going to stay away from any one of these things. It's bad enough that I have a bunch of dead computers now taking up valuable space.

I certainly do not have the room to store broken supercharged computers. They don't even make good planters and even the mice don't like to chew up the wiring.

Which motorized version of Windows do they run on? !0? 11? What do you do when those versions are no longer supported in the future?

Doug I love your candor and honesty.

You are 100% correct.
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

crossboss

Quote from: shelbydoug on July 16, 2024, 08:07:51 AMOf course, this is all about today. No one can predict what any of the current crop of cars will be in 20 years.

Well...
Your late model Boss 302 has one of those 'supercharged computers'. Its also drive by wire...hopefully you won't have issues with that. Once the 'Service traction control' or 'reduced engine power' light comes on...your screwed. Expect an expensive repair(s). Not trying to scare you, just giving you a heads up when it happens.
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30