News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

62-64 Econoline Pick Up

Started by tesgt350, September 09, 2024, 04:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesgt350

I located a true "Pole Barn Find 62-64 Ford Econoline Pick Up that has been sitting for at least 30-35+ Years.  6cyl 3, Speed Manual.  Was used as a Company Vehicle for a local Tile Store that was sold and the Son made the Dad keep the Truck which he Drove a few Year and it has been parked ever since.  I checked it out as best I could considering there must be Thousands of Hornets living in it and under it.  The Tires are rotted off it, I couldn't find any rust through places, just the typical Paint fade, paint flacking off and minor surface rust.  The Body is pretty straight and it still has the Company Name/Address hand Lettered on the Doors but really faded. It is 99.9% all there.  The guy said he does not have a Title for it and His Dad Passed away a few Months ago.  He said to just make him an offer on it that it is pretty rusty (which it isn't) so I was thinking about offering $500 to $800 for it, spending $50 on Wasp Foggers so it can be Towed which will cost about $150.  Hoping to keep it under $1,000.  Getting the Title is the big Issue. I will be calling the DMV tomorrow to see what needs to be done to get a Title plus, I know Tow Companies can get a Title for Vehicles that have been there over 30 Days so they can Sell the Vehicle and I know the owner of a Tow Company rear good. 

Chad

Sweet I would love to see pictures!

Corey Bowcutt

I purchased a 64.5 Mustang convertible a year ago on Bill of Sale only no title.  I sued the DMV for a title.  It took about 3 months and cost a few hundred dollars all in but was very easy.

Corey

Chad

Corey that is interesting, and smart!

98SVT - was 06GT

The executor of estate should be able to sign a lost title form. Some states no longer issue titles on older cars.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Royce Peterson

Depends on what state the truck is located in. Many states require a special insurance policy in the case of a lost title. It is not too expensive; just time consuming. Other states require that a judge issues a title - Kentucky and Ohio are like that.

Where is it?
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

tesgt350

Quote from: Royce Peterson on September 11, 2024, 07:59:59 PMDepends on what state the truck is located in. Many states require a special insurance policy in the case of a lost title. It is not too expensive; just time consuming. Other states require that a judge issues a title - Kentucky and Ohio are like that.

Where is it?

Florida.

Corey Bowcutt

When I was doing the research for getting a title for my car I found that all but 8 states would do what is called a bonded title which I believe is what Royce is talking about.  The bond would last between 3 and 5 years depending on the state and after that if no one stepped forward to claim the car you got a real title.  Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) for me Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and West Virginia were all states with no bonded title.  Prior to about June of last year it was commonplace to get a Vermont title but that loophole was shut down.  You can technically still do it but you have to get your DMV to approve registering your car out of state and I cannot imagine a DMV signing up for that.  So in Maryland my only legal avenue to a title was suing the DMV for a court ordered title.  This turned out to be very easy.

Corey

Royce Peterson

Quote from: tesgt350 on September 12, 2024, 05:44:57 AM
Quote from: Royce Peterson on September 11, 2024, 07:59:59 PMDepends on what state the truck is located in. Many states require a special insurance policy in the case of a lost title. It is not too expensive; just time consuming. Other states require that a judge issues a title - Kentucky and Ohio are like that.

Where is it?
I have no experience in Florida so I would ask the DMV how to proceed. 
Florida.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock