News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

The Cobra-Ferrari Wars - Hardcover, New

Started by computerworks, September 13, 2024, 08:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

computerworks

Written by Shelby Historian and early Cobra enthusiast Mike Shoen, first published in 1988, during the renaissance years of Shelby. This book still stands as THE definitive telling of the story of the 1964-1965 FIA racing season when Shelby American's Cobra Team challenged Ferrari for the World Manufacturers Championship.
Shelby came within a sliver of beating Ferrari in 1964 and would have if Enzo Ferrari had not exercised his political influence on the FIA and had one event in Italy cancelled, depriving the Cobras of accumulating enough points to win the Championship. They came back the next year and beat Ferrari like a base drum. In doing so Shelby American became the only American manufacturer, with American Drivers Dan Gurney and AJ Foyt, to win the GT Championship. Something that hasn't been done before or since.

This book is the best one ever written on the subject, thoroughly researched and honestly told. Many of the photos used had never been seen before in the U.S. prior to this book's publication.

If you could only have one book about the battle between Cobra and Ferrari on your bookshelf, this would be it.

The original printing of this book has been a sought-after collector's item... fetching hundreds of dollars per copy. Demand for this book dictated a second printing, with copies readily sold for $100.00

SAAC has obtained a pallet of these hard cover books and is offering copies to our members and followers for the amazing discounted price of $25.00.

Once they are gone, they are gone forever; don't miss this opportunity to add this significant book to your collection.

Order NOW at the  SAAC Store ---> 

QuickSilverShelby

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Don Johnston

Ordered mine.  Looking forward to receiving and reading it. 8)

Bob Gaines

I haven't wanted to risk damaging my autographed copy with many signatures of now deceased drivers etc. so when this opportunity at a great price came up I jumped a the chance. Looking forward to bending every page while enjoying the read.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SHELB66

Thanks very much for offering this book!  Just ordered mine.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

computerworks

Quote from: Bob Gaines on September 13, 2024, 11:32:09 PMI haven't wanted to risk damaging my autographed copy with many signatures of now deceased drivers etc. so when this opportunity at a great price came up I jumped a the chance. Looking forward to bending every page while enjoying the read.

I sheepishly admit I did the same.  :)

Now, the "original" stays in the bookcase and this one stays on the coffee table.

A-Snake

With the 1st edition, it was available is either a blue or red binder and the customer could choose which color depending whether they were a Cobra or Ferrari fan. Did Schoen do the same with the reprint edition?

computerworks

Quote from: A-Snake on September 17, 2024, 04:50:20 PMWith the 1st edition, it was available is either a blue or red binder and the customer could choose which color depending whether they were a Cobra or Ferrari fan. Did Schoen do the same with the reprint edition?

Yes, we have both red and blue bindings, but we don't have them as separate SKUs in the store.

A-Snake

Just purchased two items, could someone pick a blue binder Cobra Ferrari Wars for me? ;)