News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Pink 69 G.T. 500 found but it's a repaint.

Started by deathsled, September 14, 2024, 11:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

Kool pink car but not my cup of tea....

I do know of one SAAC member that would love to own this pink car or maybe a 1966 Hertz car.

But hey everyone knows those 66s are just not right, missing this or missing that and they all are way to much money....lol
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Coralsnake

If you want to see the car you can skip the first 20 minutes, then endure a couple of minutes of bad information and skip the last 8 minutes
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on September 14, 2024, 02:34:42 PMIf you want to see the car you can skip the first 20 minutes, then endure a couple of minutes of bad information and skip the last 8 minutes
🤣
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

pbf777

I knew a lady back in 1977 that special ordered an E150 long wheel-base van in PINK! And buddy, you sure couldn't miss that one going own the road! :o

Today, if a man were driving such a vehicle nobody would say anything; but back then, well let's just say I had kinda wished they had invented the dark tinted windows of today, then; this was as at times I found myself behind the wheel. Now when she was along, well, nobody would even notice me, but driving the van alone or with any of my buddies riding along, well, one did get more than a few stares.   ::)

Scott.

tesgt350

All the Photos of the Playmate Shelby I have seen didn't look so Pepto Pink to me.

98SVT - was 06GT

The "in group" knows where Connie's car is and at some point the ooooooongoing restoration will be finished and the car revealed.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

capecodmustang.com

I once owned a pink 65 GT 350....
It was #147 or #149....
I owned both of them but don't recall which one.

That's right....

Original owner painted it pink and gave it to his daughter

I heard they're doing some wonderful things with mental illness nowadays.

shelbydoug

If I remember correctly, all of the "Playboy" pink cars were repaints done by George Barris just for Hefner for Playboys Playmate of the Year award? So I would think that there is no Ford documentation of the cars, just a train printed paper titles from California?

Do the records of the California DMV even go back that far now? I thought that the CA-DMV cleans out those records periodically from the data base? So even if you had a printed title, how could you verify it now if the state no longer has any records of the car?

Actually I don't think anyone including the original winners would want to be seen driving them around to begin with? They simply draw to much attention but I suppose people still live in the fantasies created by the magazine?

In the past, many "celebrity" owned cars would be difficult to verify since they would be owned by a Corporate holding company with no apparent name recognition to that celebrity. It was part of their management companies procedure to insulate them from liability and stalkers.

Cosby's Cobra being an example of.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

Pink was a special paint color used for various Ford promotions. There was also a color called Dusk Rose that was a pink hue.
Technically the special paint colors never got names, but people often attached various names just because it was easier to identify them

Over the years all these cars have been called Playboy Pink.

There was only Shelby painted pink. It was painted by Chaffee  Ford at Fords request. That is the car given to Connie Kreski. There is a paperwork trail

That car started off as a pastel grey car. Kreski had the  car repainted as you mentioned because it attracted too much unwanted attention

FL SAAC

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

tesgt350

Quote from: FL SAAC on September 18, 2024, 08:52:07 AMNope not Connie's

https://www.saac.com/forum/index.php?topic=27174.0

See how more of a Pastel Pink Connie's is compared to that one?  That one looks more more Pepto Pink.

propayne

President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Coralsnake