News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Random car pictures

Started by 1109RWHP, January 22, 2018, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 2112 on September 14, 2024, 12:29:02 AM'67 drag car said to have a SOHC Engine
They ran a 65 Gasser Coupe then a 66 Shelby look fastback and finally the 67 - probably not a real Shelby.
Even Stone Woods & Cook went for the Shelby look when they left the Gasser class for Funny car.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on September 23, 2024, 03:50:14 PM
Quote from: 2112 on September 14, 2024, 12:29:02 AM'67 drag car said to have a SOHC Engine
They ran a 65 Gasser Coupe then a 66 Shelby look fastback and finally the 67 - probably not a real Shelby.
Even Stone Woods & Cook went for the Shelby look when they left the Gasser class for Funny car.

Superb !
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

although not a car, it most definitely qualifies as transportation

The Bat Man on the Bat Bike simply kool !
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on September 23, 2024, 03:50:14 PMThey ran a 65 Gasser Coupe then a 66 Shelby look fastback and finally the 67 - probably not a real Shelby.

Were you able to find some information on the team somewhere?

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 2112 on September 24, 2024, 04:09:09 PMWere you able to find some information on the team somewhere?
No - small local group of guys who pooled their money to play.

SW&C is easy - https://www.motortrend.com/features/still-cookin-october-1982-982-1162-68-1/
They were always a local crowd favorite. The Gasser class basically went away when funnycars started. They survived in SoCal longest. We had a good turnout of Gassers at the Antique Nationals a few months ago'  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDebn1amuz0
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

tesgt350

Quote from: FL SAAC on September 24, 2024, 10:18:36 AMone in red

This is the one I remember reading about a long time ago.

FL SAAC

a young couple with a "winged warrior"

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Which pair of boots do you like ?

Nothing like "the real ones"

Everything else is just ....everything else....

I have all UNGOLD cars

Might already be in this thread somewhere

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

here you have five, yes five of the six cobras run by S.A. at the 1965 Sebring twelve hours

I have all UNGOLD cars