News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

5 Original Restored Cragars on BaT

Started by Shelby_r_b, October 02, 2024, 09:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlesTurner

If I remember right, Craig has the original Cragar forms for the center castings.  I'm not sure if he uses those to make the repro center pieces.

Was also watching the auction as I need a set of these, figured they might go for around $5k.  Guess someone really had to have them. 
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: CharlesTurner on October 08, 2024, 04:50:24 PMIf I remember right, Craig has the original Cragar forms for the center castings.  I'm not sure if he uses those to make the repro center pieces.

Was also watching the auction as I need a set of these, figured they might go for around $5k.  Guess someone really had to have them.
I believe that he does have the centers made up from those original molds.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbymann1970

Going back to 1990  I had 2 sets of wheels done by Craig before the convention in MI at Domino's Farms. He had to wait for rims and actually got my wheels to me days before the convention and hadn't even cashed my check yet(different times). My vert wheels were fine but my GT500 wheels he was leery using the center discs(dia corrosion) and asked me if I was going to track the car with sideway thrust on the rims. I told him it was a 3.91 geared GT500 so only straight line performance and really none at that. So he was then fine doing the set for my GT500.It was fun having 2 really rare 70s at the show thanks to Craig rushing my wheels. The black car in the pic is Larry Quay's GT350 that I believe was used in the Radar Love video.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)
"2nd" owner of 68 GT500 #1626

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on October 09, 2024, 07:04:47 AMGoing back to 1990  I had 2 sets of wheels done by Craig before the convention in MI at Domino's Farms. He had to wait for rims and actually got my wheels to me days before the convention and hadn't even cashed my check yet(different times). My vert wheels were fine but my GT500 wheels he was leery using the center discs(dia corrosion) and asked me if I was going to track the car with sideway thrust on the rims. I told him it was a 3.91 geared GT500 so only straight line performance and really none at that. So he was then fine doing the set for my GT500.It was fun having 2 really rare 70s at the show thanks to Craig rushing my wheels. The black car in the pic is Larry Quay's GT350 that I believe was used in the Radar Love video.
+1 Craig is a great guy in my book too.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby