News:

SPECIAL NOTICE - See SAAC-50 Forum for DATE CHANGE for SAAC-50

Main Menu

68 Shelby woodgrain

Started by ridgeter, October 10, 2024, 11:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridgeter

What is the correct woodgrain type for the door pull end caps.  What is on the car and other unmolested car looks different from all the other interior woodgrain?

Reminds me of the Cougar burlwood.
68.5 CJ WW/Black 4 spd
69 Mach One CJ Winter Blue/Black 4 spd
68 Shelby GT500 Highland Green Auto
69 Grand Prix SJ Triple Black 428 4spd
79 Trans Am Nocturne/Camel 4 spd

Coralsnake

It is the same part used by Cougar XR-7s

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

azdriver

Nice NOS piece. Reproduction parts don't look like originals at all..

Pat

Coralsnake

The Troll Free Zone

Quote from: azdriver on October 11, 2024, 07:32:50 AMNice NOS piece. Reproduction parts don't look like originals at all..

Pat

Ya Pete is the source... ;)
Previously owned:
1968 Shelby GT500 Gold Concourse
1973 Cougar
1968 Mustang coupe
1966 Mustang 4 speed vert
1965 Mustang coupe
1968 Cougar
1971 Montego
1968 Torino GT
1966 GT350H clone

Drain the Florida swamp

Coralsnake

Nah,  I would just rather talk about cars, than the weather

Bob Gaines

Quote from: ridgeter on October 10, 2024, 11:58:24 PMWhat is the correct woodgrain type for the door pull end caps.  What is on the car and other unmolested car looks different from all the other interior woodgrain?

Reminds me of the Cougar burlwood.
You are correct on both accounts.Check with Chris at Legendary in Canada to see if he is still selling the great repros.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

Quote from: azdriver on October 11, 2024, 07:32:50 AMNice NOS piece. Reproduction parts don't look like originals at all..

Pat
I beg to differ the excellent repros that I got from Chris did look the same burl.Typical repros look the same wood grain as the dash.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

tesgt350

A little off topic question:  A while back (Years ago), there was a Company that reproduced all the interior Woodgrain Decals for the 68 Shelby's in different shades.  They even did it in "Blackwood" like what was used on the sides of the Lincoln Blackwood Pick Up Beds.  Is anyone still making those?