News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

California Specials in S. Texas

Started by CalSpecial68, October 19, 2024, 02:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalSpecial68

It was too nice of a day not to bring these out to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air. And watch everyone driving by almost snap their necks looking at them.
 You cannot view this attachment.

FL SAAC

Quote from: CalSpecial68 on October 19, 2024, 02:57:01 PMIt was too nice of a day not to bring these out to enjoy the sunshine and fresh air. And watch everyone driving by almost snap their necks looking at them.
 You cannot view this attachment.

Simply beautiful!
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

Home of the Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers

I have all UNGOLD cars

KR500

Nice! We have an early Acapulco blue one. Your red car appears to be an early car also?

Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

TA Coupe

Which one of them has the correct exhaust and what about the third brake light in the green one?

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

CalSpecial68

Hello Rodney,
Thanks, yes, my red car is one of the first 200 produced. It's a February car. Ironically my green car is one of the last 200 (July) produced. 

Rick

CalSpecial68

Hello Roy,
Yes, I really hate that 3rd brake light it never works. I'm getting rid of it. The red car has the correct exhaust. As far as the green car, I added the NOS rear valance and aftermarket exhaust tips.

Rick

KR500

Rick
Our car is a Feb, one of the first 200 cars made also. C code, A/T, P/S

Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

capecodmustang.com

Thanks for the photos....

Many years ago there was a California Special in RI and it was advertised as a factory "428-R" code

Couldn't have made many of those....

Road Reptile

Hi Cal Special Fans!
Just wondering what color was the car Bret saw in R.I.??? And where it ever ended up???
Did you ever see the car or get pictures of it?
Thanks in advance. R.R.

CalSpecial68

Quote from: capecodmustang.com on October 20, 2024, 10:22:24 AMThanks for the photos....

Many years ago there was a California Special in RI and it was advertised as a factory "428-R" code

Couldn't have made many of those....

Probably not too many 428 R codes, Yeah, that for sure. But would be nice to see one today.

CalSpecial68

Quote from: KR500 on October 20, 2024, 09:56:18 AMRick
Our car is a Feb, one of the first 200 cars made also. C code, A/T, P/S

Rodney

My first 200 (Red) car is a J code with AT, PS, PB. No AC unfortunately.

Rick

98SVT - was 06GT

My sisters was red 302 auto PS PB black interior and AC - no vinyl top. She bought it new with a big discount about 3 months after the 69 cars were out. It got T boned at the driver's A pillar and there was about a 1/2" door gap on the right side. They fixed it and I look for it at shows - the AC vent on the drivers side didn't fit right. I've still got the fog lights in the garage.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Stillakid54

Thanks for sharing. Takes me back to great memories of these cars in the day.
68-2766, since 1990
69-2524, since 1992

capecodmustang.com

Quote from: Road Reptile on October 20, 2024, 03:45:22 PMHi Cal Special Fans!
Just wondering what color was the car Bret saw in R.I.??? And where it ever ended up???
Thanks in advance. R.R.
Quote from: Road Reptile on October 20, 2024, 03:45:22 PMHi Cal Special Fans!
Thanks in advance. R.R.

The Rhode Island was acapulco blue if I remember correctly.
When I inquired I was told it was sold....And the seller said it was a factory 428CJ...