News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Seeking R Model seat cover

Started by wcampbell, October 16, 2024, 03:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcampbell

I am in need of a new R Model style seat cover for my car. Over the years the vinyl has worn through in a couple spots on the edges...anyone know where I might be able to buy a new replacement cover? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: wcampbell on October 16, 2024, 03:35:16 PMI am in need of a new R Model style seat cover for my car. Over the years the vinyl has worn through in a couple spots on the edges...anyone know where I might be able to buy a new replacement cover? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Try Cobra Automotive .  https://store.cobraautomotive.com/vintage-r-model-seats/
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

98SVT - was 06GT

Craig Conoley offered most of the R parts at one time. You might also check with Jim Murieta at OVC they are the ones licensed to build the 36 continuation R Models.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

wcampbell

Back to having one custom made from my old one..Craig no longer can get them made and COBRA Automotive only sells the "modern" (Kirkey) aluminum version of it.

SFM5S000

Try Tom Cruz at Delta Bay Mustang in Brentwood Ca. He supplied a number of vendors at one time.

Cheers,
~Earl J

Bob Gaines

Quote from: SFM5S000 on October 21, 2024, 10:14:38 PMTry Tom Cruz at Delta Bay Mustang in Brentwood Ca. He supplied a number of vendors at one time.

Cheers,
~Earl J
I know that he moved from Brentwood and I hope that I am wrong but I don't think Tom is in business anymore. You might try North Bay Mustang (707) 971-7152 . Good luck and let us know if Tom is still around because he is a great guy.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TA Coupe

Delta Bay Mustang is now North Bay Mustang. Tom moved there about a year and a half ago. Sucker didn't even say anything and I live about 2mi from where the shop was.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.