News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

69/70 Shelby antenna on Ebay buyer beware.

Started by Bob Gaines, September 15, 2024, 04:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

A deceptive description in that it lies by omission as it implies that it is a original antenna but does not explain that this is made up from original parts and that it is not functional. https://www.ebay.com/itm/266757337179   . It is missing a part inside that connect the coaxial cable to the internal parts. You can look into the screw in antenna receptacle and see that it is empty! That means there is nothing inside to make a connection to the coaxial cable from the radio. The antenna looks the part but will not provide radio reception. It maybe worth the price to a buyer even though it doesn't function but a buyer should know that before making a decision. I did not bother to notify the current auction seller because he typically has a smart a$$ condescending response when I have sent messages trying to help with perceived deceptive auction descriptions in the past. I am also familiar with the typical seller of these antennas. He is reputable and typically includes a explanation that it is made up from original parts but does not have a part inside that allows it to function. He bought a warehouse full of antenna and trim parts from a MFG . He makes up the rare Shelby antenna from those original parts.  The current seller no doubt in some way or another ended up with one of those antenna's but he is NOT the reputable seller that made them up. I didn't want a buyer to be surprised when it doesn't work. That may or may not be important. Typically you can get some FM signal even without a antenna plugged it. AM radio absolutely needs a antenna.     
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

He typically lists things for 2x or 3x full retail. Most items dont sell very quickly, if at all

Thats been my observation

Then you have the uninformed using his auctions to set prices

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

SFM6S

He did remove the ad....or an uniformed bought it.

SCJSTU

This listing sold on Sun, Sep 15 at 7:35 PM...............so says the link posted above......
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD