News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

69 Taillight harness

Started by cob428, July 29, 2024, 09:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cob428

Looking for any pictures where the cloth wrapping terminates on the taillight harness. I sent my harness to Rhode Island wiring but have noticed on this sight they may not have the correct cloth wrapping. Any help would be appreciated.

Pete

Bob Gaines

Quote from: cob428 on July 29, 2024, 09:33:58 AMLooking for any pictures where the cloth wrapping terminates on the taillight harness. I sent my harness to Rhode Island wiring but have noticed on this sight they may not have the correct cloth wrapping. Any help would be appreciated.

Pete
They don't stock the correct color combination of threads for the weave. I don't think it is asked for enough for them to keep it set up. I know of others that had to buy the correct combination of threads from them (I think )needed to make the weave look like factory . The generic black thread used by many repro harness makers is just plain wrong and is a deduction in concours if noticed by a informed judge. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby