News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1966 Hertz Shelby traction bars, bumper guards

Started by louis.sciuto@gmail.com, April 08, 2022, 09:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

louis.sciuto@gmail.com

Hi

I am resorting a 1966 Hertz, my car was pretty original with minor modifications.  But my car didn't come with traction bars or bumper guards.

Is anyone aware if this is correct? Did some Hertz not have bumper guards and traction bars?

Regards

Lou

Bob Gaines

Lou,most likely the parts were taken off of your car some time in the past because those parts typically came on 66 GT350's from the factory.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

louis.sciuto@gmail.com

Hi

Doing more research and I believe some come with lower traction bars and some came with upper traction bars,  mine has upper traction bars.

GT350Lad

Must be a pretty early car? Care to share number? See a mix of both but certainly more rare on cars under 6S900 ish

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

Bob Gaines

Quote from: louis.sciuto@gmail.com on April 08, 2022, 10:55:50 PM
Hi

Doing more research and I believe some come with lower traction bars and some came with upper traction bars,  mine has upper traction bars.
Given in your first post you said your car didn't come with traction bars you need to familiarize yourself with what each looks like . Both upper and lower traction bars leave installation evidence even if the bars themselves are missing. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

GT350Lad

And if possible share some pics. We are always keen to see and help.

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

louis.sciuto@gmail.com

Yea its 6S699

GT350Lad

Very cool. It's an override car for sure
Should be brackets welded to floor behind rear seat and on axle housing
6S373
6S1276

98SVT - was 06GT

The bump stop was also moved. 843 had this type cover (I think they were Ford big truck e brake handle boots). There were also axle limiting cables (this shot is an under ride car where the stop hasn't been moved).

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

427hunter

Share some photos of the undercarriage and firewall of 699 - then we can answer all your questions.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

louis.sciuto@gmail.com

The traction bars are defiantly override, I found them

Thanks everyone for you help.

Lou

427hunter

Can you post a photo of the rearend housing and undercarriage? I am interested to see what you have there...
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years