News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

ANYBODY KNOW THIS CAR?

Started by Steve Meltzer, July 18, 2023, 09:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Meltzer

FOR SALE AT COOPER CLASSICS:
https://www.cooperclassiccars.com/1968-shelby-gt500kr-c-4727.htm
OR ITS OWNER, ETC?
EXPENSIVE AT $295K....HIGH RENT DISTRICT....GREENWICH VILLAGE, NYC
KNOW SOME ONE WHO COULD LOOK AT IT ON MY BEHALF?
THANX STEVE MELTZER

Coralsnake

Expensive? You should be able to find one under $200k all day, why even entertain that?

You are just encouraging more of the same pricing.

I know the car. Its a former SAAC Gold car. So its a nice example, but for that price you can buy a nice KR convertible
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

FL SAAC

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bill Collins

I bought this car in about 1989 from a Corvette dealer in the Leesburg, VA area. He had picked it up locally to flip it. It was a non running roller at the time and I recall it was reasonably complete and solid.

In 1990 I sold it to Mike Hufnagle, who is mentioned in the Registry. He commenced a restoration and repainted it in Boss 302 yellow, as he did not like the original fleet WT6066 fleet yellow. After 15 years, he still had not finished it and consigned it back to me. I sold it again in August of 2006 to Ben Wagoner of Bakersfield, CA.

Ben commenced to re-restore it, including, as I recall, putting it back to the correct color. I visited him in August of 2007 and took the attached photos. He also gave me a ride in it and I remember that it ran very well! I saw it again at SAAC 38 in Fontana, CA in 2013, where it won Division II gold.

Ben advertised it here on the Forum in 2019. It went unsold for a long time. I contacted him maybe a year after the ad originally appeared as I had a customer for the car, but he had just sold it.

I am friends with both Mike Hufnagle and Ben Wagoner. If anyone has interest in #3661 I can ask them if it is OK for you to contact them. I also probably have my 1989 file on the car somewhere in my archives, but I would have to dig it out.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

Steve Meltzer

WOW! thanx for the info. trying to contact the most recent owner, as best I can tell. ?? Dan Keil in Fla
Any more info would be most welcome. thanx again. steve
(feel free to email me (GTC8995@gmail.com)