News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

sfm6s1776 current whereabouts not known? (According to the current Registry)

Started by deathsled, September 23, 2023, 08:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

With some reticence on the heels of my impugned reputation on this site by some, I hereby make this partial disclosure. Now the whereabouts of sfm6s1776 IS known.  I have details.  It exists in a very public place so therefore I am not violating any privacy considerations (having taken such eventuality INTO consideration.)  Anyone interested can ask via this post or send me a DM.  Car is actually for sale.  Ironic that the number is 1776 and that I am the one who happens to have found it.  Cheerio gentlemen.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

deathsled

Well it looks like Silverton Ford preempted me by a few hours with the information so he gets the credit, not I.  However, the car is physically located in Chicagoland at "The Last Detail."
https://www.thelastdetail.com/1966-shelby-gt350h-fastback-c-1393.htm

I don't get the radio antenna.

Bill

Quote from: deathsled on September 23, 2023, 08:46:00 PM
With some reticence on the heels of my impugned reputation on this site by some, I hereby make this partial disclosure. Now the whereabouts of sfm6s1776 IS known.  I have details.  It exists in a very public place so therefore I am not violating any privacy considerations (having taken such eventuality INTO consideration.)  Anyone interested can ask via this post or send me a DM.  Car is actually for sale.  Ironic that the number is 1776 and that I am the one who happens to have found it.  Cheerio gentlemen.

Just an FYI, the previous owner did not want to be identified, which is why it was marked "owner unknown". This is a common SAAC registry practice.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

deathsled

Quote from: Bill on September 24, 2023, 07:39:40 AM

Just an FYI, the previous owner did not want to be identified, which is why it was marked "owner unknown". This is a common SAAC registry practice.

Bill
Interesting.  I was unaware that some request to remain anonymous.  Kind of takes away the SAAC protections of a particular car's provenance but it is what it is.  I literally thought that such cars were never found.  Kind of takes some of the mystique out of it for me.  Now I wonder more deeply about 5R529.  Maybe one of the Fords has it squirreled away somewhere and has requested said anonymity.  Thank you for the clarification incidentally. I may own a Shelby but my knowledge is scant by comparison to pretty much everyone on this site.  I am always the student.  Never the teacher it seems.  But I am okay with it.

67 GT350

Quote from: Bill on September 24, 2023, 07:39:40 AM

Instead of that how about, "Owner does not want any info to be published"

That is a big difference between unknown and known.

I have a friend who will not even register his cars in the registry, I would think that if he knew he would have privacy he would join that....
RARE  Signature Delete

deathsled

In spite of my last few "pissy" little childish rants as I see them in retrospect (I should have exercised more restraint actually), I am still a huge fan of SAAC and more particularly the Registry.  It gives some recorded history on these cars that does not exist with many other highly valuable vintage machinery out there.  I definitely want my car recorded and name associated therewith.  Nice to have the history.