News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Shelby's first name actually says...

Started by deathsled, June 17, 2023, 05:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

While seated at the Steinway, mind drifting  I began studying my purported original Texas race poster with Shelby's name. If you break it down his name actually says Car Roll. A rolling car. How fitting.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

tesgt350

Here is another one for you........... When he signs his Name he draws that Line under it with two Hash Marks in the middle.  Notice the two Hash Marks are BETWEEN Carroll and Shelby.......... The Line and two Hash Marks are his Middle Initial as his middle name is "HALL".  -----H----

FL SAAC

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Maybe Car Roll was an omen for what he did to Donald Healey's A100 in the 1954 Carrera Pan America race..........

The Shelby Foundation sells autopen CS signatures. They have screwed up the "H" so you can tell for sure the signature in your 2020 GT500 wasn't really signed by the man himself. I notice the price has dropped to $50. At one time it was $150.

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Side-Oilers

Wasn't it one hash mark first (for kidney transplant) then the second added later (heart transplant.)

Richard:  Cool observation about Car roll. 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model