News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

and you thought

Started by 98SVT - was 06GT, November 27, 2023, 07:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

you were cool

Ya gotta wonder about shifting with spurs on.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

deathsled

Wow!  Never saw these photos.  Ironically I was thinking about Steve McQueen in his last year of life when I got off the train today to serve as a Cook County Arbitrator and then I saw an ad with McQueen on the billboard saying relax and go back to work.  I think it was on Franklin near Clark street.  Now I see these pics of McQueen haunting me again this evening!  The one with the frisbee throw using the Charger as a backdrop is worthy of framing.  Thanks.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

Yes McQueen's D Jag.
Our Model A club is going to Boys Republic for our XMAS party. They have a program to teach the kid the restaurant and chef biz. They host many dinners throughout the year and at their annual car show. Once McQueen got the status where his contracts contained a daily periderm he'd send his assistant off to the store to spend it. He bought things like toothpaste, deodorant, Tshirts, Levis etc and shipped it all off to Boy's Republic.

The contract demands are revealed in an internal memorandum that has been unearthed by Professor Ira Wells in researching his forthcoming biography on Norman Jewison, who directed McQueen in The Cincinnati Kid and The Thomas Crown Affair
The contract also stipulates that McQueen was to be paid $1,000 in expenses per week
The late actor insisted that his 'swag' (complimentary items for stars) be delivered to him in bulk. It was later revealed that he quietly donated them to the Chino Hills school he credited with saving him from a life on the wrong side of the law.

https://boysrepublic.org/steve-mcqueen-car-show/

Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless