News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Original 1967 factory assembly line 24F Autolite Staful battery on E-Bay

Started by Cobramax, July 04, 2024, 02:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

It doesn't show up yet. Used your lnk and also used the item number .Nether worked yet.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Cobramax

oops! it looked like it was up on my E-Bay. Try again at 3 PM.

Cobramax

Cobramax

Bob Gaines

It works now. Yes a rare battery indeed . First one I have seen for sale in years. I would also mention that the same style assemblyline only battery was used on 65 and 66 Mustang applications as well where the the standard 22 f battery was upgraded to a 24 when A/C or possibly thermactor was added. This style battery may have been used on the earliest of 65 rear battery cars before they changed to the reverse post with the Cobra vent caps. It would not be used on any 66 GT350's. The heat stamped date code could be easily modified if needed for a given application. This battery could be used on a base GT500 with the change to yellow caps. Exact looking red and yellow caps are easy to source now. The side of the battery that tells of 55 ampere hour (red cap only ) is only on the negative terminal side which faces the radiator support and not seen once installed. Yellow cap batteries are lower capacity and marked 45 ampere hour.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Mikelj5S230

I have a friend who cuts the bottom out of these, empties them of all internals and installs a smaller Optima battery that makes them function. But this one is so expensive not sure if anyone would want such a thing, since it would cost even more to make it work.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Mikelj5S230 on July 06, 2024, 05:33:38 PMI have a friend who cuts the bottom out of these, empties them of all internals and installs a smaller Optima battery that makes them function. But this one is so expensive not sure if anyone would want such a thing, since it would cost even more to make it work.
Not much more relatively speaking. ;) I had a 24F assemblyline and a 22F assemblyline battery I did that to. It was messy but not that difficult. My batteries went on to new owners when the cars were sold.