News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Dear Bronco Owners this maybe worse than O. J.

Started by FL SAAC, June 13, 2024, 06:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

As I recall, Nader's book "Unsafe at any speed", also was on the case of the "Mustang"?

He had an issue with Ford using the top of the gas tank as the floor for the trunk.

I personally have had issue with the ability of puncturing it and causing a fire hazard over the past nearly 60 years of use but I'm sure there has been at least one hammer head out there that has done it?

That I think was just part of the "pissing contest" that initially inspired Nader by Ford to attack the Corvair?

In a way I take exception to the entire scenario. My first car at 18 was a 4 speed Monza convertible.
I can attest that the handling needed improvement. Hitting a flooded pavement at 100mph and spinning the car on a public road will do a lot to make you see the light?

The result was that I wound up with a Mustang convertible, got hearing damage from riding with the top down too often, but in the end result became a GT350 owner and a vagina enthusiast for life.

So in my case, there were positive life changing results even in the wreckage of one '63 convertible. "Se live say the old folks, goes to show you never can tell?"
68 GT350 Lives Matter!