News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Willow Springs Race Track Formally Listed For Sale

Started by JWH, June 05, 2024, 05:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWH

Our daughter-in-law works for the group that has the listing on the track and let me know that it is formally for sale.

https://willowsprings.teamscarborough.com

There are a ton of stories and history involving Shelby's cars racing at Willow Springs. So much so that the first picture you see when you click on the link is of a '66 GT350 running on the track.
Jeff

98SVT - was 06GT

How much? The last 5-6 years it's been we'll take 6.5 million for the place.
The downside is whoever buys it will want to turn it into a cash machine to replenish their purchase price. I imagine the current COCOA $200/250 for the whole weekend will double.
It's also cheap enough that a few buddies may buy it and padlock it to the public adding some condos and landscaping for their own amusement.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Coralsnake

Dealing with the State and the neighbors are the biggest issues
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 07, 2024, 10:19:31 AMDealing with the State and the neighbors are the biggest issues
I can only imagine the grinder the new owners will be put through.  Most race tracks are under some sort of threat from the general public.

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

FL SAAC

This is news to me.....unbelievable all that racing history ..... gone in 60 seconds  !
Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"
I have all UNGOLD cars
I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bigfoot

For the kind of car that could run around two minutes on the full track at Watkins Glen, what would be a comparable time at Willow Springs?
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI