News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1968 GT350 Power Steering Cooler location?

Started by Kent, June 16, 2024, 12:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

Hello is the location on the 68 GT 350 always the same like on the 67s? I just wonder about one here where they routed the lines through the hole for the wire harness instead of the drilled extra holes for the ps cooler and it's definitely an all original body. If I remember right all my other 68s had the drilled holes.

Does someone here maybe has a picture of the location or can tell me if it's always the same like on the 67s. Maybe they da no drill bits anymore and changed it on some cars  :o
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

azdriver

My 68' GT500 but it also has A/C and oil cooler lines.

Pat

TLea

If you look at Pat's picture above the oil cooler holes, which look like an 8, There are two holes about 5/8 diameter. That's worthy cooler hoses go through. If you look above that left and right, you'll see two smaller holes about 3/16 with a square imprint around them. That's where the ps cooler mounting screws go

roddster

Do a search. I posted a photo of the home's location a few years ago for the 67's.

Coralsnake

I would say post some pictures of the radiator support. The oil coolers should not run through the wiring hole

A view similar to the one above would be helpful
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com