News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Suggested Forum Improvements

Started by Chris Thauberger, June 20, 2024, 09:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Thauberger

I just finished rereading The future of the SAAC and thought it might be appropriate to see where we landed.

Ok here we go. I thought it might be helpful for Ron(computerworks) if everyone was to make a suggestion of something they would like to see add or improve on the forum. Let's not get into a long winded discussion just give me a suggestion in 20 word or less, give or take.

Examples might be something like "I would like to see more emoticons added" or "can we add a weather widget in the banner so we always know the temperature in Florida"

Please keep it brief. You can post as may suggestions as you like but only one suggestion per post please.
Being the "All time post count king" on a forum is kinda like being rich in Monopoly

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500

Chris Thauberger

I would like to see a sub lounge section where all non car topic post could be segregated.
Being the "All time post count king" on a forum is kinda like being rich in Monopoly

Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500

Don Johnston

One item that I mentioned to Ron and believe is being worked is that there needs to be a link connection to the SAAC homepage on this forum site as there was in the previous edition.

crossboss

Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

Chad

Lincoln tech

Once again discussion about One individual , we have been there many times before and nothing got ever resolved  :o As I said before ( He must have naked pictures of someone in upper management )  :)

trotrof1

Maybe the management thinks its better not to cancel out a member than let the disgruntled stairstep to the next person on their hit list.

Coralsnake

This may surprise you, but everyone is welcome. I dont advocate to remove anyone.

Moderation is something entirely different

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

rhjanes

Quote from: crossboss on June 22, 2024, 12:17:33 PMBan the spammers and trolls...
Spammers have to sign up, then start spamming to be then banned/removed/IP Blocked.
Moderating "Trolls" is slippery.  Everyone's definition of a troll is slightly different.   It has been documented here how to "not see" people you consider to be trolls.   
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

FL SAAC

One thing that may be improved upon is when someone replies to a post, that post gets reposted over and over.

It should just remain one thread that goes to the top.

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"
I have all UNGOLD cars
I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

This is the oroginal post made on July 8, 2018

I'm going to start this thread so that all interested parties can comment, suggest and otherwise share their opinion on the future of the SAAC club, forum, etc. It's important that those who have a vested interest also have a voice (a nice inside voice that treats others with respect even if they might disagree with them).

Unfortunately, too many threads have been hijacked lately with discussions regarding the club and website/forum issues and that detracts from the posters original intent. I'll be the first to say that I'm guilty of this myself. Hopefully this thread will allow everyone to comment on those issues so other threads can stay intact and on subject.

Currently there are three websites related directly to SAAC that I know of:
saac.com
saac.memberlodge.com
saacforum.com

The first two seem to be directly related to the club and this forum as most of you know is owned and managed separately but is linked to from the saac.com site as the "official" SAAC forum. I am not including all of the other websites or forums that focus on Shelbys but are not directly tied to SAAC.

What does/should it mean to be a dues-paying member of SAAC? What roles do each of these websites have in promoting Shelby American automobiles and their history? Why do you want to associate with this club (what do you hope to get out of it)?
I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Answering the original post on July 8, 2018:

I'm happy to get the yearly printed magazine, a sticker and an ID card.

If that's all I got I would still be happy.

I think I'm getting more than my money's worth with the quarterly Shelby American online, the annual print ( love that yearly thing) edition, the service and support of all the Registrars, and the publicity and prestige that SAAC brings to our cars.

The yearly convention they put together.

Boy that sure is plenty to handle, I must say.

That's it for our expectation from mother SAACs involvement.

We in turn in Florida create and thrive in our environment. We do not wait for mother SAAC to direct us to do this or do that. We just do it.

Ask not what your SAAC CLUB can do for you should ask what you can do for your SAAC CLUB or SAAC REGION.

Do you have or have you started a Region in your City or State  ?

And there is always the if you don't like the direction the club is heading then leave.

Hoping you're enjoying your day, we are !
I have all UNGOLD cars

Lincoln tech

Quote from: FL SAAC on June 24, 2024, 03:14:58 PMAsk not what your SAAC CLUB can do for you should ask what you can do for your SAAC CLUB or SAAC REGION.
Somehow I've heard that line before ??? Can't come up with anything original ??? 8)  :)

crossboss

Nothing will change. As usual, the spammer/troll is posting on this thread also...
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30