News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Hurricane Superbird

Started by Coralsnake, August 26, 2024, 06:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

FL SAAC

First let me say outstanding job and congratulations on the reconstruction.

We dont believe that anyone ever said it could not be done, rebuilt   refurbished or salvage it.

All it takes is time and lots of cash money.

This car will always be labeled as rebuilt or salvaged.

Yes one can "cleanse the title"

But in the end all these speciality cars are known in the community and the history will always follow them.

Let me pose a question ;

Let's say you have the opportunity to  buy a 1965 Mustang K

Both are priced the same, both are in equal condition today.

But one was swallowed by a wall of water or just maybe caught on fire.

Lets call this particular one "the Rebuilt Mustang K" at $100,000

The other other mustang has always been in California with out ever suffering a scratch.

Lets call this particular one "the California Mustang K" also priced at $100,000

Where would you lay your $100K ?

Would you buy the the "Rebuilt Mustang K"

Or

Would you buy the the  "California K"

Not a betting man but in this one case, I would say 99.999% of the people would go with the California Mustang with no blemishes
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

The "Ship of Theseus", also known as "Theseus' Paradox"

The ship wherein Theseus and the youth of Athens returned from Crete had thirty oars, and was preserved by the Athenians down even to the time of Demetrius Phalereus, for they took away the old planks as they decayed, putting in new and stronger timber in their places, in so much that this ship became a standing example among the philosophers, for the logical question of things that grow; one side holding that the ship remained the same, and the other contending that it was not the same.

— Plutarch, Theseus

The philosopher Thomas Hobbes introduced a further puzzle, wondering what would happen if the original planks were gathered up after they were replaced, and used to build a second ship.

Hobbes asked which ship, if either, would be the original Ship of Theseus.

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

crossboss

When someone like you who makes a comparison, why don't you do a fair one. That 'salvaged' Mopar is still worth 3-4 times what a 1965 K Mustang would bring. Again, get your facts correct...
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30