News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

FOR SALE: 1967 Shelby Magstars with Good Year tires

Started by silverton_ford, August 16, 2024, 07:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

For Sale:

(4) 1967 Shelby Magstars with caps, lug nuts and reproduction Good Year tires.  Wheels and tires were installed on the car only for show and some light driving.  They have good tread.  Wheels are reproductions. Asking $4,000 obo for the set plus shipping.  (Retail would be over $5,200 for everything)

Send me a PM if you have any questions or would like additional pictures.  These belonged to a passed club member and money is going directly to his family.

Thank you.

silverton_ford

silverton_ford

owenkelley

So these wheels are actually reproductions rather than ones restored by Paradise Wheels?

silverton_ford

Quote from: owenkelley on September 10, 2024, 06:00:18 PMSo these wheels are actually reproductions rather than ones restored by Paradise Wheels?

I was told they were purchased from Paradise Wheels.  Rims have safety beads; so I assume they are reproductions.  Backside of the centers have the correct KH numbers.  I am not an expert on them.  I am helping sell them for a deceased club member's family.  I can send you more upclose photos if you would like.  Send me a PM with your email address.  Thank you.

Paradise Wheels website for reference: https://paradisewheels.biz/shelby-magstar

Bob Gaines

Quote from: silverton_ford on September 10, 2024, 06:32:53 PM
Quote from: owenkelley on September 10, 2024, 06:00:18 PMSo these wheels are actually reproductions rather than ones restored by Paradise Wheels?

I was told they were purchased from Paradise Wheels.  Rims have safety beads; so I assume they are reproductions.  Backside of the centers have the correct KH numbers.  I am not an expert on them.  I am helping sell them for a deceased club member's family.  I can send you more upclose photos if you would like.  Send me a PM with your email address.  Thank you.

Paradise Wheels website for reference: https://paradisewheels.biz/shelby-magstar
If Craig Conley restored them he puts the DOT rims with the safety bead on them regardless of if a restored wheel or repro. Craig has made exact centers with KH markings too . The only way you can tell is that the repros centers are welded to the rim and the restored have cap screws in place of rivets. Consequently neither the restored or the reproduction Magstar wheel is anymore concours correct looking then the other as it pertains to the Paradise Magstar..
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

From the picture of the backside of one of the wheels those if they were purchased within the last 20 years or so are most likely Specialty wheels given they have rivets like factory. Specialty stopped selling the Magstars shortly after they sold out  some years back. Paradise has only used the cap screws instead of rivets for as long as I have known him which has been many decades now. He told me it was a liability insurance issue.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

silverton_ford

Thank you Bob.   These all have the rivets.  It is very possible these came from Specialty Wheels as Specialty was local.

Bob Gaines

Those are hard to find since nobody has done the rivets for many years now. Magstars with rivets are Very desirable for a concours car.

67350#1242

Original K/H centers will typically have stamped assembly date code from back in the day, like month day year.  Also may have 70616 stamp.
My Specialty Magstars also have differently spaced rivets (about 1" farther apart) compared to originals.
67 GT350  SJ 02/01/67  Gray 4spd A/C
67 Coupe  SJ 11/16/66  White Auto A/C PDB

owenkelley

Sent a PM a couple days ago, not sure of you received it. I know a guy who may be interested. Please call me at 406-544-7221

silverton_ford

Quote from: owenkelley on September 13, 2024, 03:51:37 PMSent a PM a couple days ago, not sure of you received it. I know a guy who may be interested. Please call me at 406-544-7221

owenkelley - I responded to your PM same day.   I will call you.

owenkelley

Thank you for calling. For some reason I can't find your PM. Not sure why, but I passed the info on to my buddy who's restoring his car. Thanks again!