News:

SPECIAL NOTICE - See SAAC-50 Forum for DATE CHANGE for SAAC-50

Main Menu

6S348 on BAT

Started by silverton_ford, September 30, 2024, 07:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverton_ford

Link: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-shelby-mustang-gt350-14/?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=campaign_2648441

Description:
This 1966 Shelby Mustang GT350 was ordered on November 18, 1965, and initially delivered to Dub Richardson Ford in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. It would spend most of its time in Texas and Oklahoma before it was eventually acquired by the selling dealer in 2024. Finished in white with optional Le Mans stripes, the car was also specified with optional folding rear seats. Power is provided by a 289ci HiPo V8 linked with a three-speed automatic transmission. Additional equipment includes side-exit exhaust outlets, power-assisted front disc brakes, 10-spoke alloy wheels, a push-button AM radio, and a heater. This GT350 is now offered in California with a copy of the original invoice, a copy of the SAAC registry entry, a Shelby Auto American Club document, and a clean Texas title.

A repaint was reportedly performed in the early 1970s, and the car is finished in white with blue Le Mans stripes and GT350 side stripes. Exterior details include hood pins, a driver-side mirror, side-exit exhaust outlets, and chrome bumpers.

The 10-spoke alloy wheels are mounted with BFGoodrich Radial T/A tires. GT350s were factory-equipped with Kelsey-Hayes front disc brakes as well as larger rear drums than standard Mustangs.

The low-back bucket seats and optional folding rear seats are trimmed in black vinyl. The cabin is outfitted with Ray Brown Automotive lap belts, a push-button AM radio, and a heater.

Instrumentation includes a 140-mph speedometer flanked by an ammeter and readouts for fuel level, oil pressure, and coolant temperature. A Cobra-branded 9k-rpm tachometer is center-mounted atop the dash. Separation on the woodgrain steering wheel is depicted in the gallery. The five-digit odometer shows 73k miles, a handful of which were added under current ownership.

Shelby modified the 289ci HiPo V8 with a cast-aluminum high-rise intake manifold for the four-barrel Holley carburetor as well as headers, a baffled aluminum oil pan, and cast-aluminum valve covers. Advertised output was 306 horsepower and 329 lb-ft of torque.

Power is routed to the rear wheels through a three-speed automatic transmission.

A copy of the invoice from Shelby American shows that the car was initially delivered to Dub Richardson Ford in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, and lists additional charges for stripes and rear seats for a total price of $3,705.75.

SBCARGUY

Anyone who has questions... Post them here, pm me or post them on BAT...

It is a very original car....

Thanks Brian for sharing the link

KR Convertible

One of the driving videos shows a manual transmission. Is that a different car?

I asked the question on BaT, but they have been reviewing my question for about half an hour.

SBCARGUY

I believe you are mistaken....

I just double checked and all the videos on the BAT listing are of this car and its an Automatic.

I had to check to make sure as I have owned (9) 65s and (7) 66s.

Thanks!

KR Convertible

Now I'm confused.  When I clicked on the first video, it asked me to sign in and it took me to your YouTube page and played the video in the picture.

I just went back to the BaT auction and clicked the first video again and it played an automatic drive video.

Sorry for the confusion.

SBCARGUY

Thanks for the clarification...

My YouTube page probably shows a "few" different cars.  8)

KR Convertible

Below is another picture.  It is from the auction and shows that same video (4th from the left).  Maybe it's a glitch, damned MacBook!

The floors on the car look amazing. 

FL SAAC

great looking car, best of luck on your sale
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

Home of the Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers

I have all UNGOLD cars

SBCARGUY

Thanks All...

Its a Very Special Car.

Never Restored and only a coat of paint 50 years ago...

All original drivetrain, never removed from the car.

Original Sheet Metal etc.

98SVT - was 06GT

Richard (deathsled) Here's your chance You could own 348 and 843 what a bookend set of numbers.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

silverton_ford

FL SAAC

did not happen unless you have a picture
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

Home of the Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers

I have all UNGOLD cars