News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

69 GT500 black paint interior

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, May 06, 2020, 02:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

On your center console and plastic trim on a black interior, what color and brand of paint is used to duplicate the color, shade, and texture

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on May 06, 2020, 02:11:07 PM
On your center console and plastic trim on a black interior, what color and brand of paint is used to duplicate the color, shade, and texture
It is a semigloss black plastic trim. It is not the dark charcoal metallic that other interior items are .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on May 06, 2020, 02:11:07 PM

What plastic trim are you referring to?  Is it the dash pad extensions attached to the lower metal dash panel? Or are you referring to the rear side panels around the rear seat and trap door?  Just trying to get an idea of which panels your referring to
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

You're right, I should have been more specific. I am looking at the rear panels, covers over the roll cage, center console, kick panels, radio dash trim pieces and what ever else that is plastic, or should I say non-metal that is in the interior. II am just trying to be as correct as possible.  Thanks.

J_Speegle

The rear interior panels ( over a white/beige base molded base) were dark charcoal metallic. The four dash pad extensions would have been painted the same dark Charcoal as the earlier panel and the lower metal dash but slightly flatter finish. The console, kick panels and such that were molded in a black plastic were just that  - unpainted black.

Hope this helps
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge