News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 GT350 Charcoal Grey early Car #140

Started by Shawn, December 08, 2021, 06:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

Found this the other day on Marketplace.  Not mine but seems interesting seller says located in Scarsdale, NY

1967 SHELBY GT 350 Early production.289 hipo 4 speed. All early 67 Shelby original parts, Including lucas flame thrower
headlights, hood prop rod, steel frame hood, and trunk lid, running lights on upper scoops in excellent condition.
The paint has some minor flaws,not perfect. Time period correct paxton super charger added.
The first of only 12 1967 Shelbys painted charcoal grey. Matching numbers stamped on block and transmission.
This is a very rare car and color. owner. It was my neighbors car when i first saw it in 1971. I bought the car in 1984.
The car was fully restored in 1991.
headlights,hood prop rod, steel frame hood, and trunk lid,running lights on upper scoops in excellent condition.
The paint has some minor flaws,not perfect .Time period correct paxton super charger added.
The first of only 12 1967 shelbys painted charcoal grey.Matching numbers stamped on block and transmission.
This is a very rare car and color. owner. It was my neighbors car when i first saw it in 1971. I bought the car in 1984.
The car was fully restored in 1991.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnD9DYq5GxY

67 GT350

What "Marketplace" Fbook? Is it a NY car? For sale?
RARE  Signature Delete

acapulco350

What are flame thrower headlights

I have not heard that term used before

is it something that the early 67's would have ?

Quote from: Shawn on December 08, 2021, 06:40:12 AM
Found this the other day on Marketplace.  Not mine but seems interesting seller says located in Scarsdale, NY

1967 SHELBY GT 350 Early production.289 hipo 4 speed. All early 67 Shelby original parts, Including lucas flame thrower
headlights, hood prop rod, steel frame hood, and trunk lid, running lights on upper scoops in excellent condition.
The paint has some minor flaws,not perfect. Time period correct paxton super charger added.
The first of only 12 1967 Shelbys painted charcoal grey. Matching numbers stamped on block and transmission.
The car was fully restored in 1991.
headlights,hood prop rod, steel frame hood, and trunk lid,running lights on upper scoops in excellent condition.
The paint has some minor flaws,not perfect .Time period correct paxton super charger added.
The first of only 12 1967 shelbys painted charcoal grey.Matching numbers stamped on block and transmission.
The car was fully restored in 1991.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnD9DYq5GxY

shelbydoug

That neighborhood is a couple of miles from me. In 50 years I have never seen the car or even talked to the owner.

I can't find it on Marketplace (Facebook) either.

"Flamethrowers" are just H4 halogen head lamps. I personally have Marchals. Same difference, melt the rear bumper of the car in front of you if you are too close.

Cars turn their rear view mirrors away.

You have to make sure they are aimed correctly since they can be dangerously blinding. I personally like to see the chrome melt off of the bumpers.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

deathsled

Quote from: shelbydoug on December 08, 2021, 09:44:40 AM
That neighborhood is a couple of miles from me. In 50 years I have never seen the car or even talked to the owner.

"Flamethrowers" are just H4 halogen head lamps. I personally have Marchals. Same difference, melt the rear bumper of the car in front of you if you are too close.

You have to make sure they are aimed correctly since they can be dangerously blinding. I personally like to see the chrome melt off of the bumpers.
Mostly polyurethane does the melting these days...
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

shelbydoug

Quote from: deathsled on December 08, 2021, 09:52:22 AM
Quote from: shelbydoug on December 08, 2021, 09:44:40 AM

Mostly polyurethane does the melting these days...

No. Those lights melt chrome.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Harris Speedster

I sure would like to see pics of the engine bay and front nose pieces and hood prop.
Had the one gray 350, I thought there were a few more made?
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

JD

Quote from: 67 GT350 on December 08, 2021, 09:26:46 AM
What "Marketplace" Fbook? Is it a NY car? For sale?

The car has been "available" for years, the listings come and go.  Has been featured in articles and on line.  Seems the price goes up each time, but it doesn't seem to sell.  Dave M and others can/may comment.

The Flamethrower's were seen on some other car this color - but were believed to be customer swapped out, no hard documentation (to my understanding) has been found that these were Shelby installed.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

SCJSTU

asking $210,000

search Mustang Fastbacks for Sale group on FB.........posted Nov 25
1969 Shelby GT350 convertible 4 speed/ AC
Built Jan 1969 Red/Black

1967 S-Code 4 spd Black/Parchment
2004 Mustang Mach 1
1956 Ford F-100 Big Window 392 Hemi
1957 F-100 Fridge
1963 Falcon Ranchero
1961 Econoline PU
1961 Falcon 2 dr wagon
1970 Challenger R/T vert 4 speed
1970 Chevy Blazer 2WD

GT350DAVE

I've known the owner and car since the late 80's. He restored the car in 1991 doing much of the work himself to the standards we were aware of at the time. He drove it early on but hasn't driven it much in recent years. Years later he added a Paxton supercharger.
The owner has had it for sale off and on for years. He is very attached to the car and prices it accordingly.

We have no information about the Flamethrowers. One of my cars came with them but the wiring job and separate switch to the lights looked like a 5 year old wired them. I believe in my car at least, was done by a previous owner.
Support the SAAC Registry

honker

I have these photos in my files, I believe this to be 140 ?

Mike