News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Maybe someone can translate this to English

Started by Coralsnake, February 16, 2023, 02:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Royce Peterson

I come up with about $13,500 worth of core CJ heads. Maybe even that number would be too high given his description. And usually volume means a slightly better price?
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Coralsnake

I guess he can ask what he wants. He is shipping them free and he said he will crack check every head
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

428kid

Really about $1200 a set is usually where they trade if there known good heads. At that its only $10,800.

shelbydoug

I think that it is more that you want a specific casting date that determines the value or what a buyer agrees to pay? Just any date now won't due.

Fortunately or not, heads for a Shelby with the right date code are going to be more valuable then for an F150.

Saying that you bought a set two or three years ago for a specific price may no longer be relevant to today's price?

It can be challenging to put the right price on anything now but even so, how would you like to give the buyer a break on the price and see them for sale the next day for twice what you sold them for? What's fair? What's not?

Stuff is getting expensive.

Putting them all together in a bunch kind of kills all of that reasoning. Like it or not each of those sets needs to be listed individually.

Some are going to be less expensive then others probably by quite a percentage?

I look at it this way, I couldn't buy back what I just sold for the same number.

If you got into this "hobby" at an entry level and now can't afford the parts that you need, you definitely are in the wrong hobby.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!