News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What movie comes to mind when you see this man ?

Started by FL SAAC, July 10, 2023, 12:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Side-Oilers on July 13, 2023, 12:52:53 AM
Michael Brockman ........He was a racer first, then an occasional stunt driver, and did track testing for Motor Trend.
He was a great guy, with a million interesting stories. Pretty damn good shoe too.
I had only met him a few times but 100% fun to be around.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Back in the 80s we saw Paul Newman racing at P. B. I. R.

Actually had a good friend in a Camaro during qualifications hold him off from passing him. Newman was driving  the Bob Sharp Datsun once they were done with the laps, Newman came over and congratulate my buddy " your one hell of a driver "

Not bad for a old Camaro with no factory or any sponsoring at all
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: FL SAAC on July 13, 2023, 12:27:43 PM
Actually had a good friend in a Camaro during qualifications hold him off from passing him.

Not worth risking the car. My dad and a couple friends had a midget during the 30s. They'd take turns driving and qualifying it. My dad stuck it on the pole one time and the guy that drew to drive the race was mad. Their car had a Chevy 4 banger and was in front of a couple Offys he said the first turn would be a disaster.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

FL SAAC

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 13, 2023, 02:54:41 PM
Quote from: FL SAAC on July 13, 2023, 12:27:43 PM
Actually had a good friend in a Camaro during qualifications hold him off from passing him.

Not worth risking the car. My dad and a couple friends had a midget during the 30s. They'd take turns driving and qualifying it. My dad stuck it on the pole one time and the guy that drew to drive the race was mad. Their car had a Chevy 4 banger and was in front of a couple Offys he said the first turn would be a disaster.

Understood but on that day that Datsun was right on his tail. Looked like the Camaro was towing the Datsun around the curves and he was being blocked, could not pass the Camaro

Once on the straights , the Camaro pulled away. But that Datsuns motor was screaming right behind him trying to keep up.

Maybe Captain America was letting him have a "good memorable day on the track "
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert