News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

SHELBY GT350 MUSTANGS TAKE TO THE OPEN ROAD !

Started by FL SAAC, November 02, 2023, 08:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

We often hear comments from viewers about cars that cross the auction block who think the cars will be stored away in a collection not to be seen by the public and not to be driven.  That is seldom the case. 

Certainly, a concours quality restoration will keep a car from getting too dirty, but this week a group of almost 50 owners of Shelby GT350's got together for their annual GT350 Tour in Indiana and Kentucky.

The valuable cars were mostly 1965 and 1966 models with a few 1967's.  This group of owners covered almost 1,000 miles during the week and enjoyed spirited driving, tours of great collections, and even a staging of the Shelby's on the grid at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway followed by a lap of the track three wide!
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

At every stop the cars were the main attraction of the day and enjoyed by local residents.  By week's end the cars were dirty and loaded onto trailers to be shipped back home to be cleaned, serviced, readied for the next Tour.

It's nice to see so many great cars on the road together and enjoyed as they were meant to be.

One must always remember what the Maestro Carroll Shelby said :

These cars are meant to be driven so enjoy the hell out of all of it.

Not just the look of it when its all clean. 

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars

jk66gt350

deathsled

Quite an array of Shelby's finest.  I am liking that red Hertz in one of the photos.  Also, looks like there might be a R Model in the midst of another photo.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

what a site to behold, had to be a great time !
Marcus Aurelius

I have all UNGOLD cars