News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

CSX3009 coming up for auction at Mecum Kissimmee, Jan 2025

Started by SunDude, September 01, 2024, 07:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunDude

Possibly the most famous original full-competition 427 Cobra roadster is coming up for auction at Mecum Kissimmee on Jan 18, 2025.

Nicknamed "Ollie the Dragon" for its tendency to spit flames through the hood scoop, CSX3009 is arguably the most successful big-block racing Cobra of all time. It won 60% of the races it entered and clinched the 1966 ARRC A/P Championship (driven by Ed Lowther) as well as the 1973 and 1974 SCCA National Championships (driven by Sam Feinstein). The car was meticulously restored to its 1965 Essex Wire Team livery by Mike McCluskey from 2009 to 2015.

Pre-auction estimate TBD.

Like my father, I have just two emotions: Rage and Supressed Rage.

rkm

SunDude

Quote from: rkm on September 01, 2024, 09:10:46 AMHow much will it go for do you guess?

Your guess is as good as mine, but I'd think they must be looking for $5 million USD or so.
Like my father, I have just two emotions: Rage and Supressed Rage.

mark p

Wow  :D - and we just heard about Ollie's later exploits from Al Joniac at the SAAC49 dinner.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird / '22 Mach 1