News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

kr 500

Started by Por968, June 14, 2024, 02:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Por968

Hey folks first post.
I unfortunately do not have the privilege of owning a KR or even a Mustang.
I love them. I know enough to get by and not enough to get in trouble with those that do.
The reason I joined here is that I was hoping to stir up some knowledge about my closest experience with a KR "barn find.
In 86 or 87, I was riding my new GSXR around Del Mar, Ca. sort of near the race track and I saw a Mustang parked on the residential street. I stopped to check it out. The front end was a bit high and I could tell it had been there for a bit because of the stuff around the tires and under the car. But it did have KR 500 badging. It was too many years ago for me to remember how closely I inspected it.. as in what the interior was like, was the engine and trans in it, etc. I did try to find the place again a few years later, but since I had just been cruising around with no real direction and not familiar with the area, no luck.
So, my question is, would anyone know of a KR 500 that spent some time in Del Mar, is in Del Mar? Could it have been an actual 500 or was someone building a clone? I sure hope someone knows it would make me feel good to know I had seen one up close on a random street before it was a 20 yo car.
 Also there was a guy in San Diego county who restored Shelby's AND Cobras. I had sold a 260z engine to a buddy and was standing in the back of his truck at his house when a Cobra passed by. I couldn't speak. It sounded fantastic. My buddy told me that was so&so who lived a couple of blocks away and restored cars and he used to help him out. I got him to take me to the guy and I have no Idea what his name is or was. He had the cobra in the driveway, and a Mustang in the garage, I assume it was a Shelby but I don't remember more about it. Those are my Shelby stories. I have one more about an old hot rodder in Chula Vista that knew Robert Peterson when he just went around taking pics, before Hot Rod.
I helped paint his house. He was about 80, but was still building cars. He showed me his garage and pics of his cars, some taken by Peterson, some featured in different car mags, etc
Took way too long to get these stories out, everyone will be bored before finishing. Thanks folks, hope to see some info!