News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

insurance for parade laps

Started by 5S124, July 04, 2024, 03:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5S124

I'm wondering if there is a company that sells a one day policy for the parade laps.  American Modern says that is not covered under their policy. This will be the first time I have taken the car to a convention so I haven't need this before. Suggestions?

Bob Gaines

With the track instructions given to all and with the emphasis on safety and lower parade lap speeds the chance of a incident are not 0% but dramatically less likely then driving on the street. With that in mind self insuring is not as large of a risk relatively speaking. If you can't stand to take the risk and can't find insurance I suppose sitting that aspect out is your only alternative.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bob Gaines

I wonder how many times open track (high speed hard driving) wreak have happened over the years where the injured car ends up outside the track premises on the side of the road later. Can you guess why?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Cobrask8

Hagerty, among a few others, does offer one-day track insurance for HPDE schools, but is is quite pricey. But if you are worried, then get it. Once a tire touches the racing surface for any event with movement, they get antsy.

But for parade laps, I think it is not needed. BUT, this is only my opinion. (gotta say that for any lawyers....) Parade laps are run at highway speeds, non-competitive, with a pace vehicle, No helmets or tech inspection, just for enjoyment, etc.

No matter which event you are participating in, always check your car out thoroughly before going to the event. You may catch something failing, or find a problem. Better at home, then at the event. For example, I just found a broken front sway bar mount, and some other simple things with the front suspension. Up on the lift, took the front suspension apart, it is now better, drives correctly, I am more confident.

Use your head, drive within your comfort zone, run in a slower group if you have any worries. The upper groups are for those with alot of experience only.

Bob - I can answer that question with a "Yes", I know of a couple......

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Cobrask8 on July 05, 2024, 06:12:45 PMHagerty, among a few others, does offer one-day track insurance for HPDE schools, but is is quite pricey. But if you are worried, then get it. Once a tire touches the racing surface for any event with movement, they get antsy.

But for parade laps, I think it is not needed. BUT, this is only my opinion. (gotta say that for any lawyers....) Parade laps are run at highway speeds, non-competitive, with a pace vehicle, No helmets or tech inspection, just for enjoyment, etc.

No matter which event you are participating in, always check your car out thoroughly before going to the event. You may catch something failing, or find a problem. Better at home, then at the event. For example, I just found a broken front sway bar mount, and some other simple things with the front suspension. Up on the lift, took the front suspension apart, it is now better, drives correctly, I am more confident.

Use your head, drive within your comfort zone, run in a slower group if you have any worries. The upper groups are for those with alot of experience only.

Bob - I can answer that question with a "Yes", I know of a couple......
Me too  ;)