News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Have you changed your air filter today?

Started by deathsled, August 03, 2024, 12:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

I changed out the old air filter on 843 and the engine seemed to liven up a bit more.  Has anyone experienced this?  Maybe it is psychosomatic on my end but it felt good to toss the old one.  It was quite dirty with no light passing through any of the element when held up to the light. 
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Depending on your driving habits and the climate where it is driven they can dirty fairly quickly.
The old "hold over the drop light" trick still works
Owned since 1971, NOW DRIVEN OVER 250,000 MILES, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

rhjanes

On our daily drivers, about 3 or 4 times a year, I remove the air filters and drop them flat on the driveway.  Surprising how much dirt will drop out on the first drop.  Subsequent drops don't knock out as much.   I replace them on the mileage recommendations.  The interior cabin filters on the three newer cars get changed once a year. 
If you filter was really dirty, there might have been a slight increase in response. 
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

FL SAAC

Yes

Replacing your car's air filter regularly can help your engine run better and longer, and it can also improve fuel efficiency and reduce emissions.

A dirty or damaged air filter can limit the amount of air that reaches your engine, which can cause it to work harder and use more fuel.

This can lead to a decrease in miles per gallon. Over time, a dirty filter can also allow particles like grains of salt to reach internal engine parts, which can be expensive to repair.

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

deathsled

Sometimes the simplest things have the greatest favorable impact.  Check your air filters everyone as you see fit.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"