News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Old Tony Branda catalogs

Started by Coralsnake, September 03, 2024, 11:12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

Very helpful! You guys are great!
No worries! That should be easy to find!
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

NC TRACKRAT

No picture of lugs but there are two described:
"1968 SHELBY 10-spoke Aluminum wheel lug nuts: long type, chrome plated steel; price each  17/24"
"1968 SHELBY 10-spoke Aluminum wheel lug nuts: for new re-issued wheels; includes washer; price each  17/25"
As for the valve stem, the picture shows the rim clearly and there is no valve stem on the rim so, I assume that it's inboard in the darkened area at 12 O'clock that can't be seen clearly.
Incidentally, the price list will bring tears to your eyes...Oh, for a time machine!
5S071, 6S1467

Coralsnake

Whats the price??? I will guess about 149 each

I think they are selling original lugs and then the non chamfered ones for the repros

NC TRACKRAT

The price list with Catalog C is dated 1990 and specifically states "Cat C 1990".  Price for the wheel is $169.95 ea. or a set of four for $650.00.  There is no copyright notice on Catalog C.
5S071, 6S1467

s2ms

Catalog F must be dated after C and later than 1988 like I previously thought. It has these prices...

- Wheels....$198.00 each, $780 set of four

- lug nuts: long type, chrome plated steel; price each....$3.75

- lug nuts: for new re-issued wheels; includes washer; price each....$3.00
Dave - 6S1757

Coralsnake

Great info!

I recall buying a set of Nos 1968 hubcaps around 1990

My wife thought I was insane, the price was $600

So did a lot of people, just ahead of my time

BDT 739

I bought a set of 4 CS wheels from Branda 1984-85. Stil on the car today.

Coralsnake

Too good! We are killing this

The amount of differences in these is incredible

Bob Gaines

Quote from: s2ms on September 03, 2024, 07:13:53 PMFWIW, I have a 'Catalog F' which does not have a published date anywhere. Has the same exact photo as Jim's image in reply# 4 above although on page 23 instead of 21.
You will have to be careful because Branda has been known to use older pictures that are different then current stock being sold. Smallblock Cobra valve covers comes to mind.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Coralsnake

BDT- your info is invaluable

Can you check to see if your version has DOT script on back of spokes?

BDT 739

Pulled one of my wheels and no DOT. I did find my receipt it was dated March 3 1984.
Hope this helps
Bryan

Coralsnake

Excellent sir! Gold medal for you, thanks again

Bob Gaines

1977 was the year that DOT identification typically started to be stamped on aluminum after market wheels. Some MFG's purposely stamped the DOT ident on the inside of the rim . It would not be seen once the tire was mounted.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake