News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Correct specs for 2.5" KH Drums on 65-67 Shelbys?

Started by Kent, July 01, 2024, 06:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

What are the corrects specs for new KH 2.5" drums measured and what is the minimum they should have. I read different values in an manual, another book and a forum so I´m not really sure or maybe I´m just to picky.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Bob Gaines

I have found typically 10.060 to be the maximum . FYI 68 Shelby did not use the 2 1/2 brake drum.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kent

Thank you Bob so what do you think or heard is the highest diameter reading that should appear for safety on the KH Drums?
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Kent on July 02, 2024, 06:46:42 AMThank you Bob so what do you think or heard is the highest diameter reading that should appear for safety on the KH Drums?
They should be no larger then 10.060 as I posted in the first response post to your question. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kent

Ok I will keep that for my files. Did someone ever measured a set of brand new drums if they are really exactly 10.000 that would be interesting. Thanks Bob and Coralsnake for the fast answers.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Kent on July 03, 2024, 06:25:13 AMOk I will keep that for my files. Did someone ever measured a set of brand new drums if they are really exactly 10.000 that would be interesting. Thanks Bob and Coralsnake for the fast answers.
I have never measured but It would be counter intuitive to think that a 10 inch drum when new would be other then 10 inch's .

Kent

I measure the left over meat on the inner sides on some KH I have and it looks more like 10.010 but it's tough to measure it 100% correct so yes maybe its 10.000 or 10.005 after they were machined in the production who knows.