News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Vacation Driving Tips

Started by 98SVT - was 06GT, May 29, 2024, 06:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

As the summer vacation season approaches we should add special instructions to help visitors better navigate when they are in your area.
A few basic California points are when you ask how far someplace is you will get an answer in hours and minutes not miles. The answer will usually be based on the current time so if you ask at 8 pm you can expect the answer to double or triple at 8 am. The fast lane isn't. You can be in Los Angeles and still be over 3 hours from your destination - in Los Angeles.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang, 1998 SVT 32V, 1929 Model A Coupe, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird / '22 Mach 1

TA Coupe

🤣😂😅🤪😮�💨😬😭😱
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

deathsled

"Can't get my car out of second gear. It took me 16 hours to get to LA." Sammy Hagar can't drive 55. Apparently nothing had changed since the 80s.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

ssagitar

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on May 29, 2024, 06:22:18 PMAs the summer vacation season approaches we should add special instructions to help visitors better navigate when they are in your area.
A few basic California points are when you ask how far someplace is you will get an answer in hours and minutes not miles. The answer will usually be based on the current time so if you ask at 8 pm you can expect the answer to double or triple at 8 am. The fast lane isn't. You can be in Affordable Movers in Los Angeles    affmov.com and still be over 3 hours from your destination - in Los Angeles.

Hi! That's a great idea. One thing I've noticed is that visitors often underestimate the size of Los Angeles and the impact of traffic. It's crucial to emphasize that traffic can significantly change travel times. We should also mention the importance of using navigation apps that provide real-time traffic updates. Additionally, visitors should know about alternative routes to avoid major freeways during peak hours. Another good tip is to plan extra time for parking, especially in popular areas. Maybe we could create a small guide or a webpage with all this information to make it easily accessible.