News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Copa America 2024

Started by FL SAAC, July 15, 2024, 08:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Argentina were the defending champions, and successfully won a record sixteenth title after defeating Colombia 1–0 after extra time in the final, which was played on July 14, 2024, at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida.

Argentina's latest title comes on the back of their triumphs at the 2022 World Cup and 2021 Copa America, and gives eight-times Ballon d'Or winner Lionel Messi the perfect sendoff in what is likely his last international tournament.

What can you say....gooooooooaaaaaaal !

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

FL SAAC

The good for South Florida

Copa America final brings hundreds of millions to South Florida's economy

The Copa America in 2024 and the FIFA World Cup in 2026 will likely attract more visitors to Miami.

Miami's reputation as a premier destination for tourism and business has been bolstered by its emergence as a renowned sporting venue.

Hosting prestigious events like Formula One, Copa America, and the upcoming 2026 FIFA World Cup, along with being home to Inter Miami CF, has solidified its status in the sports world.

The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau estimates a potential 10% increase in tourism, translating to a $400 million boost in spending.

Additionally, the construction of the $1 billion Freedom Park Stadium is expected to create 15,000 new jobs for residents.

Very Good !
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert