News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Checkered Flag Mr Wallace "Wally" Amos

Started by FL SAAC, August 14, 2024, 05:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

Wallace "Wally" Amos was born in Tallahassee, Florida, United States, on July 1, 1936

We had the opportunity to meet this wonderful and charismatic gentleman.

Wally "Famous" Amos, an entrepreneur who founded the cookie brand Famous Amos, has died.

He was 88 https://seattletimes.com/nation-world/wally-amos-creator-of-famous-amos-cookies-dies-at-88/...

When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Don Johnston

He was a real charmer.  I met him numerous times at either his cookie store or at some other location.  He was always smiling and upbeat whether he was with one person or a crowd.  He was a great baker but not the wisest business man. 8)

tesgt350

Last time I saw him he was on Shark Tank.  Through bad Business Deals, he lost his Cookie Company, Name and all.  He was on the Tank pitching a new Cookie Company.

FL SAAC

Quote from: Don Johnston on August 14, 2024, 06:07:25 PMHe was a real charmer.  I met him numerous times at either his cookie store or at some other location.  He was always smiling and upbeat whether he was with one person or a crowd.  He was a great baker but not the wisest business man. 8)

Aloha Don

Wasn't he living on one of the islands?

May he rest in peace
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Don Johnston

Wally lived on Oahu island and passed away in his home in Makiki from pneumonia complications of dementia.  He was well known in Honolulu from his various cookie stores at Ala Moana Center and in Kailua town.  He also did volunteer work with kids in elementary schools.  For some years he had a short presentation each week on the local TV knewsprooting positive thinking for kids.   8)

tesgt350

Someone just jogged my Memory....... before he was famous, he grew up just down the road from me, about 7 Miles away.