News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

67 Dash Pad With No Speaker Holes in Top Center Of Dash Pad

Started by Fast Fords, July 30, 2024, 11:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast Fords

I am going to look at a 67 Mustang dash pad in the next few weeks and the guy told me that there are no holes where the speaker would normally be in the top center.

Has any one ever seen one or was it a non radio option on the car ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

shelbydoug

I thought I had heard about just about everything but apparently not? Yikes!

Me thinks NOT!
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

J_Speegle

Cars ordered with no radio from the factory I've seen had the normal speaker holes. Would guess that there was no reason to stock, pay for or any other reason to inventory a second style dash pad. just watching the bottom line. Check to make sure its not a early repo or second
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Royce Peterson

When a dash pad is recovered often the speaker holes are not punched if the owner has a different stereo option. Like Jeff says the dash pad is not factory. It is either reproduction or a recovered one.
1968 Cougar XR-7 GT-E 427 Side Oiler C6 3.50 Detroit Locker
1968 1/2 Cougar XR-7 428CJ Ram Air C6 3.91 Traction Lock

Bob Gaines

Quote from: J_Speegle on July 31, 2024, 01:30:06 PMCars ordered with no radio from the factory I've seen had the normal speaker holes. Would guess that there was no reason to stock, pay for or any other reason to inventory a second style dash pad. just watching the bottom line. Check to make sure its not a early repo or second
+1 . I don't how many but it is a lot of 65/66 GT350's were ordered without radios so that they could be installed by Shelby (or their proxy) at a lower price . A dash pad was not part of the equation so stock dash pad with holes was used.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby