News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Rear quarter door jamb holes?

Started by Jeb67, August 12, 2024, 07:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeb67

Hello I need help as I'm restoring an early 67 gt500 and I was wondering what are these 3 holes for in the door jamb of the rear quarter?

J_Speegle

Looks like holes drilled to access the back side of panels and areas for rust proofing. You will likely find them in other parts of the unibody and door edges

Often these were plugged with small plastic plugs. If your restoring or they bother you make them disappear
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Jeb67

Quote from: J_Speegle on August 12, 2024, 07:47:38 PMLooks like holes drilled to access the back side of panels and areas for rust proofing. You will likely find them in other parts of the unibody and door edges

Often these were plugged with small plastic plugs. If your restoring or they bother you make them disappear

My other side has the plastic plugs in them. If doing a concourse restoration should I try to find plastic plugs or fill in the holes.

J_Speegle

Quote from: Jeb67 on August 12, 2024, 08:31:37 PMMy other side has the plastic plugs in them. If doing a concourse restoration should I try to find plastic plugs or fill in the holes.

Not factory so you need to fill them if your restoring
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Just so to be crystal clear- do not try and fill with plugs. You want to make them disappear so that they look like they were never there.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Jeb67