News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

What is up with the Shelby TV series announced awhile back?

Started by HistoryBuff, August 14, 2024, 04:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HistoryBuff

Of course everybody has seen the movie Ford v. Ferrari but didja know two successful actors optioned (and later bought I believe) a popular book on Shelby's LeMans efforts called Go Like Hell with the intention of making a  ten episode TV series.The actors are Peter Dinklage and Channing Tatum (or is it the other way around?) The weird thing is that the book in question is A.J.Baimes Go Like Hell, originally announced as the source for Ford v. Ferrari but at the last minute the movie folks didn't option it so the two actors did, for a series. I guess the only way we will find out if it's been greenlighted for production is if owners of good replicas start getting phone calls "Do you wanna rent your car>"
As a fan I'd welcome a TV format, because there would be more room for development of the characters and some good old stories told for the first time on film, such as Shelby the day all his chickens died, the day he flipped a Maser at Riversie and cut his nose off, etc.etc.

If those two actors don't get the ball rolling on that book, and others want to try the same subject, I know some   more that haven't been bought yet. I optioned one of my three but the studio dropped it for a sci-fi book, alas.

68countrysedan

Good, another Shelby production written by a screen writer who doesn't know cars. Plus painting HFII as some megalomaniac when in fact he green lighted the program. How about Shelby punching out Leo Beebe again. What about Phil Remington, chief engineer? In the movie he was Phil, because it was on his jacket, and was Shelby's assistant. Yet Shelby said he was one of the driving forces behind the team success.

I'll pass.