News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1968 Shelby Steel Wheels and Wheel Covers (Hub Caps)

Started by JWH, August 16, 2024, 05:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWH

Hello fellow forum readers,
    For sale are 5 wheels, four wheel covers and 19 lug nuts that I believe were originally installed on our 1968 GT350 convertible. I bought this car in 1988 and soon after, removed the wheels and hub caps for 10 spokes and stored everything away in boxes in the crawl space of our basement. This car was purchased new in Dallas and then went to Midland, TX and Waco, TX before I bought it so the wheels are from a very dry climate. Not counting a flipper, I was the fourth owner. I also have 19 lug nuts that I kept when removing the wheels. What happened to the 20th lug nut I don't know. My opinion is the wheel covers are nice with no curb rash. Four of the wheels have a date of 12 - 67 stamped between the lug holes and also stamped into the rim center. The spare is stamped 7 - 67 between the lug holes and 8 - 67 on the rim center. All five are stamped KELSEY CANADA and 15 X 6 in the rim center.
I am asking $7,500 plus shipping for the five wheels, four wheel covers and lug nuts but open to offers. I will gladly send additional pictures of the wheels and/or wheel covers at your request. I am located in Denver if you are able to pick up in person. I may be able to deliver to the Phoenix area this fall also.
Thanks for your interest.
Jeff

JWH

Wheel cover pictures:

JWH

Wheel stamping —

QuickSilverShelby

Hi Jeff.  They look very nice and I am interested.  Two question for you.  Would you by chance be swinging through Las Vegas on your way to Phoenix this fall?  Also, Could I have someone like Tim Lee have a look at the pictures and give me his thoughts on them?  One thing I always thought about original Shelby hub caps was that the snake orientation on the hubcaps should have the snake sit on top of valve stem openings.  I'd just like to get a professionals opinion if possible.

Thanks Jeff.

Doug
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

JWH

Yes please have Tim take a look and give his opinion on the hubcaps. I did send pictures to him before posting here and his comment was they are a nice set.
There is a very good chance I could get the wheels and hub caps near St. George, UT and you could pick up there. It would be late October but we have family driving a pickup from Denver to visit and they should have room for the wheels. Thanks for your interest and I will wait to hear if you are interested after talking with Tim.
Jeff

TLea

I think they look very nice. Snake position is typically over stem hole. 2 you could get there by taking center out and rotating.  Other 2 would still be off