News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

fix/re-attach eyebrow

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, September 05, 2024, 03:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

The shop (BIG ???) that finished putting my 69 GT500 together really screwed up on installing the eyebrows on the front fender.  They used drywall screws going through the back of the fender and forced them in to the pot-metal.  The parts is cosmetically good, but it doesn't fit AND and one of the screws fell out letting the eyebrow sag.  Is there a fix for this. luckily it is only on the one side (passenger).

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kasearch@ix.netcom.com on September 05, 2024, 03:46:47 PMThe shop (BIG ???) that finished putting my 69 GT500 together really screwed up on installing the eyebrows on the front fender.  They used drywall screws going through the back of the fender and forced them in to the pot-metal.  The parts is cosmetically good, but it doesn't fit AND and one of the screws fell out letting the eyebrow sag.  Is there a fix for this. luckily it is only on the one side (passenger).
If the fender eyebrow lip was good to begin with and eyebrow had the proper clip the obvious answer is that it should fix by doing it the factory way with the proper screw as seen in the Branda auction. I am at a loss to understand the poor way it was done given no pot metal for the screw to go through. My first thought is confront the shop that did the work to see what they have to say for themselves and the problem. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby