News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Number matching engine in my possession

Started by 427hunter, September 12, 2024, 01:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

427hunter

Well I figured I would give an update, I now have the block, anyone know what the 0 before the C5AE stands for ? The block is filthy but standard.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

FL SAAC

O...stands for...  oh my god you have it !

All kidding aside congrats !
When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~
Marcus Aurelius

"Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

427hunter

It was pointed out to me that I should not show the block date and assembly date so I cropped the photo - thanks for the info..

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

greekz

Not sure why assembly date or block date would be a problem.  I always thought the VIN was more critical to keep hidden. 
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

J_Speegle

Quote from: 427hunter on September 12, 2024, 02:41:57 PMIt was pointed out to me that I should not show the block date and assembly date so I cropped the photo - thanks for the info..

Would not worry about assembly date or casting date but its up to you. BTW you didn't show the assembly date that I saw - only the machining date for the block that can't be seen once the engine is assembled
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

GT350Lad

6S373
6S1276

trotrof1

I would expect the next step is to source all missing parts and create a correct rebuilt long block. Yes?

GT350Lad

Sounds like a good plan. Did it come with anything at all?

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

427hunter

Quote from: J_Speegle on September 12, 2024, 03:30:28 PM
Quote from: 427hunter on September 12, 2024, 02:41:57 PMIt was pointed out to me that I should not show the block date and assembly date so I cropped the photo - thanks for the info..

Would not worry about assembly date or casting date but its up to you. BTW you didn't show the assembly date that I saw - only the machining date for the block that can't be seen once the engine is assembled

Thanks for the info - btw that date is the same at the date on the pad in front of the head. Except on the oil pan lip it looks like it ends with a "o" and on the pad in front of the head that date ends with a "w" any idea what those letters behinds the dates mean or what the zero in front of the C5AE means?

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

427hunter

Quote from: GT350Lad on September 12, 2024, 04:58:22 PMSounds like a good plan. Did it come with anything at all?

Cheers

I h
Quote from: GT350Lad on September 12, 2024, 03:38:20 PMCongrats! What's the plan from
Here?

The block is going to a machine shop in Vegas and we shall see what it needs. I have a complete correct hipo 289 in my car now so once the short block is done I am going to just transfer the top end over.

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

GT350Lad

Great, sounds like a plan. Are your heads and other parts like balancer etc close in date codes? Will that something you try do?

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

deathsled

Congratulations 427hunter (your new avatar could now read in theory as 289finder) on reacquiring the original engine block for your Shelby.  The fact that it stayed in existence is a small miracle in itself.  It was meant to be as part of your life journey. 
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

427hunter

Quote from: deathsled on September 13, 2024, 10:07:33 AMCongratulations 427hunter (your new avatar could now read in theory as 289finder) on reacquiring the original engine block for your Shelby.  The fact that it stayed in existence is a small miracle in itself.  It was meant to be as part of your life journey. 

Well it found me, it appears my life's journey is to spend money...... ha

Inigo Montoya

Jackie Brown

deathsled

Quote from: 427hunter on September 13, 2024, 12:21:02 PM
Quote from: deathsled on September 13, 2024, 10:07:33 AMCongratulations 427hunter (your new avatar could now read in theory as 289finder) on reacquiring the original engine block for your Shelby.  The fact that it stayed in existence is a small miracle in itself.  It was meant to be as part of your life journey. 

Well it found me, it appears my life's journey is to spend money...... ha

You can always make more money.  You can't remake the original block.  The die was cast way back in 1966.  I wish you great luck on getting the original block back to where it belongs.  Cheers.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Quote from: 427hunter on September 13, 2024, 12:21:02 PMWell it found me, it appears my life's journey is to spend money...... ha

What is the saying? Pay once, cry once.

Main caps came too?