News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Autolite push on battery caps

Started by GOAT12, September 27, 2024, 11:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOAT12

Before I list these for sale I want to confirm, are these correct for 65 Gt350?   Thanks

Bob Gaines

Quote from: GOAT12 on September 27, 2024, 11:27:27 AMBefore I list these for sale I want to confirm, are these correct for 65 Gt350?   Thanks
That is at least one of the styles used and also what would be floating inside the Cobra vent caps.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

GOAT12

Thanks Bob. Now to figure out a price or use them for decoration.

silverton_ford

Quote from: Bob Gaines on September 27, 2024, 11:54:58 AM
Quote from: GOAT12 on September 27, 2024, 11:27:27 AMBefore I list these for sale I want to confirm, are these correct for 65 Gt350?   Thanks
That is at least one of the styles used and also what would be floating inside the Cobra vent caps.

I found this photo in my files.

Rickmustang

Bob Gaines

Howard posted one time a invoice for pallets of Prestolite/Autolite batteries (early obsolete style battery).That obsolete style used push on caps instead of the conventional screw on caps. Shelby no doubt took advantage of a lower clearance price for the obsolete style battery.Mopars are at least one car mfg that used the reverse post(at least reverse from Ford)because the battery was mounted on the driver side.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

GOAT12